PRS style Halfmoth (body from scratch) FINALLY DONE!!!!

Here it is... almost done!!!!!!!!!!

I tried white, cream and  black mounting rings, being black the best match for me. (since all hardware is chrome/black)
I'm waiting for the custom decal that goes al the headstock. :guitaristgif:

Attachments

• final.jpg
    final.jpg
    585.1 KB · Views: 138
Fine piece of work. I'm really liking the yellows/golds lately, and that one is exceptional.

ive been following this thread since the beginning and i always wondered about the neck...  did warmoth do the headstock or you bought a blank one and carved it yourself?  if its warmoth made is it extra to order this headstock or same price as a warmoth headstock?

btw it looks really nice.  I like my vip but I wish it would be even closer to a real PRS.  u really nailed it.  will vote for u in GOM this month if u enter...  :)

Thanks for all the comments!!!

I ordered an angled paddle and did the headstock rout myself.

That looks totally awesome. I love it. I am really feeling all of these PRS/VIP builds going on! :icon_thumright:

Ljbarbeau said:
will vote for u in GOM this month if u enter...  :)

This month's GOM is owner finished..... this one is owner carved, next month I'll be there hopefully. :icon_thumright:

Final Specs:

BODY:
Solid Mahogany
Hand carved Maple Top
Hipshot Hardtail Bridge
Graphtech Piezo Saddles

NECK:
Warmoth Pro (angled paddle)
24'' 3/4 scale
Compound Radius
Rosewood over Mahogany
Standard Thin
Jumbo Frets
Bolt on with custom triangular plate for better access
Hand routed Headstock
Planet Waves autotrim tuning machines
Graphteck Nut

ELECTRONICS:
100% Independent Magnetic & Acoustic circuits with two jacks
Tonerider Rebel90 for the Neck
StewMac's Golden Age Overwound Humbucker for the Bridge
3 way MAG selector
Magnetic VOL pot
Push/pull for coil splitting Bridge HB
Acoustic VOL pot
Graphteck Ghost Acoustic Preamp (9V)
6 Ghost Piezo saddles

Attachments

• fondo2 PRS.jpg
    fondo2 PRS.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 90
I really want to do a build with the Hipshot bridge, how do you like it? Also how is that Golden Age pickup?

rapfohl09 said:
I really want to do a build with the Hipshot bridge, how do you like it? Also how is that Golden Age pickup?

I bought the hipshot from Stewmac. Mine came with the 6 holes in the plate for the saddle's screws not 100% aligned, so the saddles were slightly diagonal. I made the holes a little wider ad problem solved.  I dont't know if mine came with this problem or all of them are like this. Saddles are very nice, but I finally used other saddles. Since it is string through... the whole body resonates.

Stewmac Pickup is an overwound HB Alnico5. great volume, good punch, absolutely balanced tone (this is why I bought it....since it is the PU main atribute). Very nice coil split.... In single coil mode the volume doesn't suffer like almost all other HB out there. Also the price is absurd for what you get. It has the same  or better quality than other HB that cost the double (Gibson or Duncan). :icon_thumright:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Pickups:_Guitar,_electric/Golden_Age_Overwound_Humbuckers.html

felipeak said:
rapfohl09 said:

Stewmac Pickup is an overwound HB Alnico5. great volume, good punch, absolutely balanced tone (this is why I bought it....since it is the PU main atribute). Very nice coil split.... In single coil mode the volume doesn't suffer like almost all other HB out there. Also the price is absurd for what you get. It has the same  or better quality than other HB that cost the double (Gibson or Duncan). :icon_thumright:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Pickups:_Guitar,_electric/Golden_Age_Overwound_Humbuckers.html

Awesome, I was deffinately looking into a set of them before, now I'll have to pick some up :icon_thumright:

That guitar looks great! Awesome work :guitaristgif:. That bridge looks 1000 times better with the different saddles.

Back