PRS style Halfmoth (body from scratch) FINALLY DONE!!!!

Kyler (JamesL) said:
did you have a template for the PRS style headstock?

just the plan in paper & drew it over the wood. I'm cutting it by hand with the dremel & sanding paper. It is mech slower but I've got more control.

Here I'm running tests with pickups and .10 strings!!!!!!

The neck pickup is going to be a Tonerider Rebel90. Sounds sweeetttt.... very P90sh and it isn't as noisy as expected.

Here is a picture testing Sewart MacDonald's GoldenAge Overwound Hot Pickup.... a real rock machine...not bassy, not trebbly: just in the middle as I wanted. I did tests with Preamps Demonizer & LPB2tube and ReValver also (not real tube amps, since I have my amp & cab at the studio).

The best thing of all is that the guitar sounds great (full & loud) unplugged..... it vibrates more than any other guitar i've played.
I'll have to do some fret leveling work.... but that's part of guitar building i think.
bye.

img4531h.jpg

felipeak said:
The neck pickup is going to be a Tonerider Rebel90. Sounds seeeetttt.... very P90sh and it isn't as noisy as expected.

I'm seriously considering using one of those as a bridge pickup in my Hagström. Good to hear a positive impression!

kböman said:
felipeak said:
The neck pickup is going to be a Tonerider Rebel90. Sounds seeeetttt.... very P90sh and it isn't as noisy as expected.

I'm seriously considering using one of those as a bridge pickup in my Hagström. Good to hear a positive impression!

A good review of TR rebel90s: http://guitarmag.co.za/reviews/review-tonerider-rebel-90-pickups/

Ready for finish!!!!!!! All the internal routing for piezo & mags is done.
I'm thinking about the finish color...... transparent green?...vintage amber?....goldtop? What do you think? :help:

Final Specs:
NECK: Standard Thin Mahogany/Rosewood, Standard Warmoth Radius, Graphtech Tusk XL Nut, Jumbo Frets, 24.75 inch scale, Planet Waves Locking Tuners.
BODY: Mahogany Back, Flame Maple top
MAGNETIC PU: Rebel 90 Tonerider Neck PU, Sewart MacDonald's GoldenAge Overwound Hot Pickup, Master Volume pot w/ push/pull for coil split, 3 way switch, Independent mono Jack.
PIEZO: Graphtech Ghost (piezo saddles), Acustiphonic preamp, Volume pot, MAG/BOTH/PIEZO mini-switch, Independent mono Jack.

That's gonna be a nice piece.

And definitely do the amber finish - green is for Dr. Seuss characters or the mucosal discharge resulting from a serious respiratory infection <grin>

AutoBat said:
Trans Green would be killer.  Black Burst optional

+1

Obviously my DM strat is not trans green, but over the months trans green with black burst has become
a favrorite of mine. I liked Erik Z's strat a lot when I first saw it...

green-warmoth-strat.jpg

ORCRiST

I think Vintage amber is winning!!!!!!!!
First, I want to have a trans finish. Second, I'll leave unpainted al mahogany (redish tone)....so the top has to be a calid color to match the rest of the body. To have it green....I'll have to paint the back & sides.

Something like this or a little lighter:

felipeak said:
I think Vintage amber is winning!!!!!!!!
First, I want to have a trans finish. Second, I'll leave unpainted al mahogany (redish tone)....so the top has to be a calid color to match the rest of the body. To have it green....I'll have to paint the back & sides.

Something like this or a little lighter:

I'm voting for that! :glasses9:

The body will be finished during this month. Vintage light Amber is the final color of the body. Can´t wait to play with it. :guitaristgif:

Nice! Just need to do the dreaded wiring and setup, any you'll be crankin'!

Back