Project Telecaster - Name to be revised

texicus

I need to change the name of this project...hehe

I Finally pulled the trigger and started a build to call my own.

Now to start picking out hardware...I'm thinking a black pearloid pickguard so far.  For a neck, I'm not totally sure on neck wood, for the fingerboard I'm thinking of going with ebony, possibly with no fret markers, think that would look pretty solid...ideas?

P1000623.jpg

P1000624.jpg

P1000622.jpg

P1000620.jpg

P1000619.jpg

I'm pretty sure I see Bigfoot in that last one...hehe

that is nice!! i love the paint color, and i'm all for the H-x-H route  :toothy12:

i'm a fan of the telecaster shape, but not so much of single coils

and i'm always ok with anything orange! that last picture is awesome

Pao Ferro is my new love for neck woods.  I think one of the guitar players in my band is going to end up using it on the Tele we're building him.  It's turned out really fast and sexy smooth over the last few weeks.  I would honestly suggest it as a wonderful tone/playability option if you're considering raw wood.  My bass has Pao Ferro as the fretboard as well, but I might go with Ebony for some extra snap on a Tele.

Here's what mine looks like (continuing the weird creature theme, notice my monster cat and my foot in the pic):
newbassback1.jpg

-Mark

I'm thinking no pick guard at all!!!  :icon_thumright:

But if you have to, black perloid with black hardware or white perloid with chrome hardware.

Thanks everyone!  I think I'll have a few beers tonight and look over some choices hehe.

I also just wanted to add that Warmoth really exceeded my expectations!  Quick shipping, and they routed the body for the HxH just like I wanted!  I don't know if anyone from WM reads this forum, but kudos go out to you guys!  Thank you very much!

You're off to a great start. I'd go no pickguard, and maybe a metal mounting ring for the neck bucker. A canary neck would look awesome too.
Is that the Tele humbucker bridge rout?

Not feeling the color so much but I see how some people would like it.

Love the HxH and the flatmount scheme though. Kind of interested to see what you do for the pickguard. I'd love one just like this but rear routed and with an LP-style switch. But I don't think you can go wrong.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PICKGUARD!  I'd go with a strat hardtail bridge and a set of Rio Grandes in chrome rings, with a chrome control plate+controls.

Whatever you do it's gonna be awesome.  Nice first build!  :guitarplayer2: :guitarplayer2: :guitarplayer2:

tfarny said:
You're off to a great start. I'd go no pickguard, and maybe a metal mounting ring for the neck bucker. A canary neck would look awesome too.
Is that the Tele humbucker bridge rout?
+100.....BTW, love the double hum rout on the tele's......That color is sweet.... :icon_thumright:

Get a canary neck and call her "Creamcicle"..... :icon_biggrin:

What a sweeeeeet color Tele!  :headbang: :hello2: :headbang: I have considered a build with that color also.
I have to agree with what I'm hearin'- No pickguard, Rio Grande's would be nice, and gotta love a canary neck with that body!!!

Anxious to see her finished  :toothy10:

There's no tele canary necks, and I had some other stuff to do, so I didn't cut off some of the headstock.

Also, I think I've done enough tele mockups to mess this one up :p

And, don't talk to me about tele's with the right neck :p

One more thing.. FINISH THAT SPALT :p

Back