Project Telecaster - Name to be revised

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if there is enough wood on the neck side of the neck pup route for the HB trim ring mounting screws due to originally having a Tele pup route. :icon_scratch:  Might have to do a pick guard after all.  :sad1:

Death by Uberschall said:
Hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if there is enough wood on the neck side of the neck pup route for the HB trim ring mounting screws due to originally having a Tele pup route. :icon_scratch:  Might have to do a pick guard after all.  :sad1:
Nah, a pick up ring should have enough on the long side to cover the little nick...

Death by Uberschall said:
THB1C.jpg

MGTWAB.jpg

Besides having a different pickup routing, the twangbucker and humbucker bridge have different mounting holes and string-thru hole locations.

You know... I like what J. did on his Koa tele, by chopping part of a tele bridge.

Also...

halfplate.jpg

Glendale half-plate.

Man, you guys are awesome.  I really like this forum, lots of great ideas.  I'm kind of fighting with myself over what I want this build to be - at first, I just wanted a straight-up Tele look and sound because my other guitars have all humbuckers in them and I wanted something a little different...right now I have an ESP Ltd KH-202 and a cheeaaaaaap guitar with a single humbucker in it, so my metal/hard rock sounds are kind of covered...but now that I've got the body, part of me wants to go no pickguard, a couple of EMG HZs, black hardware...or at least any humbucker that has the solid cover over it...I love how the pickups look on my ESP.  Then part of me wants to run a single coil in the neck position, a black pearloid pickguard, a coil tapped humbucker in the bridge so I can still get a single coilish sound...another part wants to run a solid black or black pearloid pickguard with just a bucker in the bridge position...and then the other part of me is thinking man I've never done a build before so I'm kind of clueless in the first place...hehe the way I usually learn is to jump into something with both feet and just drill on it, but there's a few things that I think I should probably know before I get too far into it...are there any decent books that you guys have used to get into the groove?  I'll try posting some kisekae pics to get my point across of what I was thinking for configs...

EDIT - here are a couple of the pictures of what I was thinking...
blackpearlguard.jpg

blackguard.jpg

Back