Post what you're listening to!

I had forgotten what an absolute banger of a band Tears for Fears was at the height of their powers, and with Oleta Adams, one of the great gospel alto voices of her generation on vocals and piano, no less! You gotta have some stuff to invite a woman with such pipes to share the stage with you - and let's face it, when she takes the spotlight, she destroys Roland and Curt as a singer. A shame she didn't get bigger, but I think her material was not as strong as her voice. And in a world that also held Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey, perhaps she never stood a chance anyway.

Anyway -

Enjoy!

I had forgotten what an absolute banger of a band Tears for Fears was at the height of their powers, and with Oleta Adams, one of the great gospel alto voices of her generation on vocals and piano, no less! You gotta have some stuff to invite a woman with such pipes to share the stage with you - and let's face it, when she takes the spotlight, she destroys Roland and Curt as a singer. A shame she didn't get bigger, but I think her material was not as strong as her voice. And in a world that also held Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey, perhaps she never stood a chance anyway.

Anyway -

Enjoy!

I was not familiar with Oleta Adams, so thanks for sharing! Quite a voice!

Saw them just about a year before this was filmed. Great band. Cold November day ... and the bar was definitely not full, though everyone was dancing. I had a great time. Tickets were $2.50 and I thought it was expensive. That's about $10 bucks today.

Last edited:
Such a heartbreaker that Eva Cassidy passed on so young. She truly had a unique sensibility - and gorgeous sound - as a vocalist and as a guitarist.

At my end, it's a lot more funky:

Such a heartbreaker that Eva Cassidy passed on so young. She truly had a unique sensibility - and gorgeous sound - as a vocalist and as a guitarist.

At my end, it's a lot more funky:

So this where you learned your dance moves Bagman!

Dude, I have never once learned a dance move. This is all pure interpretive improv.

giphy.gif

Dude, I have never once learned a dance move. This is all pure interpretive improv.

giphy.gif
Good sir, no need to be modest! You were a pioneer of late 70's dance moves! You appeared on both "American Bandstand" and were briefly a "Solid Gold " dancer in fact, the underground press dubbed you "The Hipshaker Heart Breaker"!

Exactly. You have to live as if what you do is meaningful, because to do otherwise is hardly living.

Back