Post what you're listening to!

Saw stevie Live Red Rocks Amphitheater summer of 1992 hair down to My Behind with my Soon to be Wife! What a show! What a Song!

This popped up on my YouTube front page this morning. Good times! Ariel Posen plays some insane slide guitar in his own style- not stuck emulating Duane Allman for the eight-twelfth time - and he's got a solid sense of songcraft and a great singing voice, as well.

I went through Van Halen albums on Spotify and I saw a live album called ”Pittsburgh 1998” from 2021 that I had totally missed (shame on me). I hated the album they made with Cherone, but fortunately they play many of the Roth-era songs here, too.

I did a similar thing with Yngwie albums and did not encounter anything new. But damn he was good to about… maybe 1988! And after that it has been all downhill. I had the fortune to see him live before he moved to the States. He was still a kid (maybe 18) but already amazing.

The Teacher
I love Paul Gilbert, and his phrasing here, too, but trying to emulate one of the greatest voices in the history of rock - on guitar - is just not possible. But I do appreciate him trying new things and daring to dosomething like this!

Been repeatedly watching Devin Townsend and Gojira at Red Rocks. Bonamassa’s show there is great too. What a setting for a concert. Just breathtaking!

THinking of trying to build myself a Weissenborn, just so I can prove to myself that I'll never have these chops:

So this popped up in the suggested videos on YouTube, and it's a really mixed bag. The long intro to Cliffs of Dover includes a gorgeous interpretation/interpolation of Joni Mitchell's "Clouds," and is worth the click through just for that. Then we get into the C. of D., and EJ's absolutely all over the place, so much so that I was getting genuinely angry at how out of sync he was with the rhythm section. I dunno if he cannot hear himself, or the band, or what - but wow. Come for the intro; don't necessarily stay for the main course.

Back