Post what you're listening to!

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Dream Theater: The Astonishing

I swear the whole Dream Theater crew are just wizards. I haven't listened much to their last albums besides the self-titled one, but god damn they're a unique band.

(A lot of you will probably want to rip your ears out. You have been warned...)

I've been listening to Dissimulator lately, it's Jared Dines' band (YouTuber). Their Facebook page says they are Christian metal, but it's really heavy. Like death metal stuff. This song makes me want to play a show.

[youtube]GnVAlZ1xcSc[/youtube]
:party07: :headbang: :party07:

Bagman67 said:
And at the other end of the spectrum, this:

[youtube]RwHJRHk7DGU[/youtube]

This gives me an idea... Not sure if I can do what I'm thinking of, but if I can, oh boy... Haha, stay tuned, folks...

stratamania said:
Been listening to Hendrix lately.

[youtube]rXwMrBb2x1Q[/youtube]

Nice choice. It's very important to get your daily dose of Vitamin J....
:icon_biggrin:

These guys are my best friends in the world. The vocalist/guitarist and the drummer are two of the guys I used to be in a band with. They're indie, with a bit of an edge. This is their first EP, and they're in the studio right now for their first full-length. I really think they will go places, as they are all amazing musicians. They're also on iTunes, i recommend you go check them out!

Listen to EP by CallField #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/callfield/sets/ep

Fun fact: I recorded their first single, but it didn't make it to the EP and barely saw the light of day.

Been listening to Jakob Bro quite a bit of late, particularly his trilogy (*Balladeering,* *Time,* and *December Song*). I'm intrigued. Seems a cross between jazz / (classical) minimalism / ambient music. The following is one of the nicest compositions / performances from those recordings, and is vaguely reminiscent of early Ornette, IMO.

[youtube]i1dpdJFVyGM[/youtube]

Well, I can't hear any guitars in it but that doesn't stop if from being a very cool rendition of this tune, which was not one of the Paris Sisters numbers that Phil Spector produced.

[youtube]e-GF8WPTSXw[/youtube]

EDIT:

May as well add the classic short by Kenneth Anger, Kustom Kar Kommandos, in which this recording is featured:

[youtube]oazgisGp2GU[/youtube]

Oh, there's guitar in the arrangement, but far from a featured instrument.  Thanks for sharing.

I've recently come back to listening to a lot of Italian Symphonic Power Metal (It's a mouthful, pesky metal sub-genres!). I'm really enjoying how musical this music is.

[youtube]cBCEO1m4Odk[/youtube]

Elvenking are an awesome Italian band, an acoustic song of theirs.

[youtube]PZNl-_2xJWY[/youtube]

Secret Sphere are another really good band with a super diverse singer. It's pretty funny actually, the singer for this band actually plays keyboard and does backing vocals for Whitesnake. Funny that!

Back