Post what you're listening to!

Good ol' suite Judy blue eyes. She does have an amazing voice. Put her on a mix tape with Janis Joplin for a study in diversity.

She reminds me of a hot girlfriend I had back in the late '70s who was big in the folk music/feminist thing. An early SJW, if you will. Played guitar and sang in coffee houses, very passionate, willing to argue about anything, refused to shave, etc. Fun for a while, but tolerating all that rabid evangelism eventually gets to be too high a price to pay for a roll in the hay  :laughing7:

I got a copy of Prog Magazine today, and it included a compilation CD called Garden Party, and it is great music, if you're into prog rock.

mrpinter said:
Mark Lanegan is normally associated with really dark, kind of heavy material, but he can also be *almost* mellow (there's always an edge). He's one of my favorite artists:

Thanks for this! I'm familiar with Mark mostly from his work with Mad Season, hadn't ever delved into his solo stuff. I picked up "I'll Take Care Of You" after hearing the song you posted, really like it. I'll be checking out more!

[youtube]SJKvE3tMIPs[/youtube]

Iron Sabbath, ZZ/DC, a smattering of 80's Hair Metal, Some 90's Guns N Roses and the like, and soem Classic  60's/70's  Who, Stones, Zep, and Floyd, along with some US greats like Alice Cooper and  Zappa.

Karl Ratzer is one of my favorite jazz guitarists. He is an Austrian, of Gipsy descent, and currently lives in Vienna. Here is one of his tunes from the album Saturn Returning, from (I think) the late eighties or early nineties:

[youtube]yssZAL9TsYU[/youtube]

There's a wonderful series on Youtube - "Studio James" - that has a tremendous number of performances of first-call studio musicians jamming on jazz and pop standards from antiquity to the modern era.  Tremendous stuff.  Today I have been checking out this set from bassist Nathan East, guitarist Gil Parris, drummer James "Biscuit" Rouse, and keyboardist Matt King, but there's a huge library of other amazing jams and musicians.  Check out the Oz Noy/Anton Fig/Will Lee/Dimitrious Pappas jams as well.

[youtube]fNLyy7To_nY[/youtube]

[youtube]FQJMKen8KqI[/youtube]

[youtube]acbG46Xo6zw[/youtube]

Plus a couple more tunes from the same session.

Today's music most of us haven't heard much of before is Fareed Haque, whose melding of western jazz and Indian forms is pretty nifty.

[youtube]27SHwY08_Vc[/youtube]

One of the best Progressive Metal bands I think my country has put out. It's a shame they disbanded  :sad1:

[youtube]l9nADKsSly4[/youtube]

I feel wrong listening to this before it's released, but someone leaked the new Avenged Sevenfold album, and I'm in love...
It's not much like their old stuff at times, but it's beautiful...

[youtube]Ie95dKib6G4[/youtube]

Archive.org is one of the greatest things in the world.

Here, Mississippi John Hurt does Stack O Lee [Stagger Lee]:

https://archive.org/details/Mississippi_John_Hurt-Stack_O_Lee

Brilliant.  So relaxed and perfect.

Back