Post what you're listening to!

Yea I think this Nikki Lane person is for real.

[youtube]m5kDRVFVesw[/youtube]

Sure seems to go through the band members though.  Each video that I see of her she has a new band!

Mayfly said:
Sure seems to go through the band members though.  Each video that I see of her she has a new band!

Reminiscent of Lydia Lunch (of Teenage Jesus and the Jerks, Beirut Slump, 8-eyed Spy, et al). Early in her career she would found a new band w/each LP. Here's one early gem:

[youtube]bHUmmCNOSoM[/youtube]

I've been listening to the discography of Cracker again. The range from grunge to folk to country to... some mix of all of them is quite interesting (I set the playlist on random).

@Bagman67 great choice.

I saw that Xanadu video yesterday via the Rush newsletter. Brilliant camera angles and one of my old favourites. I think it's a must have to get on Blu Ray

The new Killing Joke album is pretty much on repeat chéz Amigarobbo

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN4PfMfafhw[/youtube]

Bagman67 said:
This right here:

[youtube]PlmvdK3yzvs[/youtube]

yep that's pretty awesome.  Pretty much every Canadian kid of my generation worked their asses off to learn to play that stuff.

Wonderful performance by Marianne Faithful accompanied by Bill Frisell:

[youtube]qCZWqW57pcY[/youtube]

I'm liking the Intronaut.  Never heard of 'em, glad to learn of 'em.

Been boggling over this cover of the Beatles' "Within You Without You" by Jimmy Herring, praise be upon him:

[youtube]sWoMj0e5xLk[/youtube]

Their earlier stuff was a lot heavier, especially in the vocal delivery, but they've always been very technical players.  One of the guitarists/vocalists does this in his spare time...

I've been listening to a lot of Steely Dan, lately.

Seems I had heard of Black Friday years ago...

[youtube]V1q4HdynXF4[/youtube]

Pretty much the only seasonal music I can stand:

[youtube]YvI_FNrczzQ[/youtube]

And it is so very beautiful.

I've had a special appreciation for Vince Guaraldi's music since the early seventies, when I attended a performance and co-presentation/Q&A session from Vince and a Peanuts specials producer, at my bachelor's alma mater: Santa Clara Univ. He was very articulate and entertaining - great artist and wonderful human being.

For some reason, I made today (11/30/2015) Tool Monday.  I have listened to Undertow and AEnima in their entirety and now I am on Lateralus.  We'll see if I make it to 10,000 Days before the end of my work day.  :headbang1:

Tommy E.  Fasten your seatbelts!  This is not only a tour-de-force of guitar technique, but also a master class in how to engage a crowd.

[youtube]TjHPBFy8K8E[/youtube]

Here's a guy I've been listening to a lot lately.  He always cracks me up and makes me think.  Highly recommended:

[youtube]Gn81LVJFEXY[/youtube]

Back