Post what you're listening to!

Strangely, I've seen both RATT and Molly Hatchet. RATT, jeez that must have been 30 years ago or more, and Molly Hatchet about three years ago, but I think all the original members are dead. Never saw Buckethead, though Teenage Head was around the late 70's early 80's. Western NY, and Ontario. They were good.

but favorite upstate band from that era was ...

But then I saw these guys ...

Probably very obscure now, but at the time, locally, well ...

I do like those lyrics ... they don't appreciate the art of driving high ... my baby the star of a driver's ed movie ... a love that never had a chance.
I remember Spyro Gyra.

If memory serves my right they were from Buffalo, NY. At the time it was a city in decline, now it's moribund, or at least it was when I passed thru it on the way to Niagara Falls.

30 years later ... this is what people from upstate NY look like. They are good looking people no?

I used to go down to this waterfront for cheap seafood restaurants ... it had docks, like in the video ... now it's all high end condos that I could never afford. Ain't that a hoot ...
At that time I thought great bands like Springsteen, blondie, talking heads, the ramones, blotto etc who were all local was normal ... easy to get tickets, another band starting all the time, and who wasn't in a band ... .

Last edited:
Then when i lived in Brooklyn we had bands like this ...
(These guys were nuts!)

Don't know where Kaki King was from but saw her a couple of times ...

Walking around williamsburg (I think) then down to hester street, roaming around where I was born.

Last edited:
Back