Post What Heavy / Progressive Rock You Are Listening to...

great song great dance
I had never heard this version of the Rolling Stones classic before, so I had to google a bit and if I got it right, this version is by a guy called Travis Tritt? Nothing beats the original version with Mick’s vocals and Keef’s awesome riffing, but this was deifnitely a good version of the song. I know something about music but nothing about dancing, so somebody else can comment on that :)

Blue Oyster Cult - Astronomy

I should probably revisit BÖC, as I have heard many of their songs when I was young, but I never really listened to them. So I mostly associate them with a band that uses a Scandinavian character in their name (”Ö”) and cowbell 😂.
And some trivia: ”Ö” means ”Island” in Swedish.

This performance by 50-60% of one or more versions of Yes reminds us what an absolute monster Trevor Rabin is on guitar (and oh, yeah, that Wakeman guy can tickle the ivories some, too, and Jon Anderson has startlingly good vocals at his age, or any age). Kudos to the sidemen doing the Alan White and Chris Squire parts: Lou Marino and Lee Pomeroy, respectively.

Ah Yes, and Wakeman, I remember going backstage after an English Rock Ensemble concert in May 76. As a teenager I was a bit incoherent, I think when he spoke to me :D

Note: Rabin and the bass player using Kempers.

Was listening to Van Halen's Women And Children First. 'Funny how after years since last listening to it, it sounded fresh.

Last edited:
And here we are music lovers speaking of keyboard players we are back with Jon Lord and Deep Purple performing Lazy live in Scandanavia 1972.

Lazy (live) is probably my favorite DP song. The playing of both Lord and Blackmore is fantastic.
John Lord was my keyboard idol - and still is, even if Don Airey is pretty damn good, too!

Was listening to Van Halen's Women And Children First. 'Funny how after years since last listening to it, it soumded fresh.
@Street Avenger I was a bit disappointed with that record when it was released and I did not listen to it that much (well, at least compared to all the other VH albums). I had the same experience as you when I revisited the album many years later.

Dire Straits - Tunnel Of Love (Rockpop In Concert, 19th Dec 1980)

This was just posted in the last hour to the official Dire Straits Channel, so I am posting it here.

Like several songs, there are references to the local area where I grew up, waltzers, ghost trains, the Spanish City, Cullercoats and Whitley Bay.

Last edited:
I remember seeing dire straits in buffalo ny in or about 1979. they were an epiphany. I was wondering, why is a band this good playing in this very small, though rather nice venue. The sound was awesome. Who knew they'd become so famous?

Last edited:
Back