Post What Heavy / Progressive Rock You Are Listening to...

@mrpinter Allthough I miss the voice of Steve Walsh, it sounded very much like good old Kansas.
BTW, there is a good documentary of Kansas from 2015, and some clips of that movie are shown on the Kansas YT page. Thanks for sharing!
Kansas documentary clips

I listened to the Beato / Yngwie interview also, quite topical as it is just appeared on YouTube yesterday shortly after some Yngwie content in the thread.

One of the songs that I am revisiting. It’s one of Ed’s grooviest riffs, IMHO - and so many small details that make the song so fun to play. Ed said he was inspired by Back In Black when he wrote it. Maybe another reason why I like this song 😜

I see your 10 cent luvin and arguably heavy good cover and raise you an even bigger backline of Marshalls and an Abba song.

Yngwie Malmsteen - Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (Abba Cover)

@Spud Mancuso has developed from a technical virtuoso to a musician writing good songs. He’s still young, so it will be interesting to see where he’ll go from here.

I think this counts as both heavy and progressive. I've been listening to Marco Minneman for years, but Mohini Dey is new to my ears, and she is an absolute monster. They play with such joy, these two!

Back