Post What Heavy / Progressive Rock You Are Listening to...

Rick Wakeman - Space Oddity

Rick Wakeman is a blast. I enjoy that despite being one of the most accomplished and virtuosic keyboardists rock has produced, he makes total fun of the entire undertaking. And superimposed against the rather self-conscious intellectual pretensions of some prog music, it's even sweeter.

Rush have a great sense of humor. I rarely get this vibe from Yes, apart from Wakeman's taking the piss. Small wonder that his side gig is literally as a comedian.

Furthermore,
ADCreHc3tf7aoBjxrvpWj5YBrCMSf9jT3nJeylgyuxRjLvRJjBJsvv-ilTR2Ns1a4PFnihR_X6vXnYtjTDk0IqcPuGO-vg6s5K_-wrv6arFYoJQAWsEPDvaJj5Gq-lvETWBom9VhcMu1AHFc-mJeD-r_qBU5oj66stNUdAzHVDHh-KIO_6reIn4BmEGPMplRJWift82LocqS3BtuSEnZdp-8Kx8MhWtzAJOzw6LvS2O6TZeRleUTFUsYvDUZevHD46cMGRxHrjr41fLrQgJ4NjM_VIVUmOJF68pnPCg6tBfj-87P4lyMGgNslD61aLSY0kTzpupwaKW1XiFJJTi7Z3yjE78-KCSbAg14xJZJAz3p7fGuXC79_efCWWm_KfZbpj3BQ_BqtdEJ8zmpibNFOMYsJBb1UOeWcvfJjJSmjYnHOICI4RKHEQWsDHeRaSySsHZQ1YP_f6B5_Q6dqNizWN0UXUJNw_aIQ9bzL46mlvmI_GLk5PKZqRsXxhBugi5BWRHanx1RaxcHmUIMwBs5v2-jwH7_vWzAcAGUrxZH5Iotusaurps7hLDgZ-hcgefgTxYgqYB5R8Wv4jl6bEdKUMJjv1_abmfJpkDVS-9xr2LkLMjKc-dAlyL9XhVFNg7PX23cPRKQT7lr6ZGFxcItqiyy6ydye05hGBrUnDrz32WQ4zvwqc3GINHZJd2q-m5D2jEia4EKZtb29QRKCvqAgg8mVrvyAf3JIayfrNSa-JUbWI81XqoCmJXRzgJh42As3hk5bLtDl_cKEn5UPDXOWkvImnXDT8QKq3EsPDPaoSMUdEJZG1yzHL7cACd9CbdvVNtT5h2PVT8p6k_F4d3OhLbn5QYvzqTpD6k-uSlFzgQwyhV4uzLzn9VcPVUrLE1DS-CWpNDopbaY94TLwo0=w720-h897-s-no

You ever get those eerily accurate targeted adds? Well this is that for me, but it's an entire album!

I present to you: "What if ZZ Top wrote Kill 'Em Alll..."

😂 It’s good to keep @aarontunes happy. He might be like the Incredible Hulk: ”you wouldn’t like me when I’m angry”!
And at the same time you keep me happy, too!
BTW, this is one of the songs that I haven’t tried to learn - yet, as I have been practising a lot of VH songs.

😂 It’s good to keep @aarontunes happy. He might be like the Incredible Hulk: ”you wouldn’t like me when I’m angry”!
BTW, this is one of the songs that I haven’t tried to learn - yet, as I have been practising a lot of VH songs.

It is mostly B, A and E ( and Esus4 ) around positions 5 and 7. And a part with A and D/A near the bottom of the neck. And the other thing is the tapped harmonics 12 frets above the B, A and E in some sections.

Last edited:

It's the same basic chord shapes as Panama.

The weird thing about DTNA is that you think it would absolutely kill in a typical bar band set list, but IME it never does. It's just like Crazy Train in that regard; a well-known song with (despite the title) zero danceability.

Wow....he had such a great tone back in those days!
So true! And technique! And with a vanilla guitar and amp, no signature strat or amp, and not the insane amount of delay or other effects that has been using for the last decades. He was only 21 at that time and had lived in the US only for a couple of years... almost 40 years ago. Damn, time flies said the mosquito!

Back