Poplar Strat, first build.

Crazy Dave

As promised on the Just out of the box section, some build updates :

The body after one coat of Ikea furniture finish (seriously), drying in my kitchen. The grain came up a bit, but it's been sanded and recoated since, and now it looks cool, a bit like a cross between a Fender Blonde and antique whitewashed furniture. I'm sanding it down lightly next, and will apply a coat of clear wax.
Warm6.JPG

Warm7.JPG

The pickguard, with all the stuff mounted and soldered. Got a little creative with the wiring, I just hope it'll work.  :-\
Warm8.JPG

Warm9.JPG

The neck, with tuners installed, and lightly oiled with raw linseed oil.
Warm10.JPG

Warm11.JPG

Warm12.JPG

Me, grinning in anticipation :
Warm13.jpg

Won't have much time to do anything else for a while, so other updates might take a few weeks...

This is addictive! I just snuck back home at lunch to do a little sanding, and couldn't help but put on the first wax coat and buff it. I'm using beeswax. It looks great. Got back to work an hour late...  :icon_biggrin:

Finished! Stormed out from work one afternoon 2 weeks ago, and put the whole thing together. Been off on holiday for the last 2 weeks, so couldn't post any pictures.

Pics now in the "finished" section : http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=12242.0

Back