Please Vote on a New Proposed Rule

Should GOM contestants be allowed to link to their entry's build thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BlueTalon, I was giving my opinion on your points. You are entitled to voice your opinion as I am mine.

I actually did only submit two photos to the GOM of competition as per the official guidelines.

The additional photos posted were photographed after the close of the submission and are hosted by myself and not submitted to GOM to host. This is also in accordance with the following in the May submission posted by GOM.

"As usual, all discussion for the submissions can take place below, along with other pictures hosted by the poster."

http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=23511.0

So the simple fact is there are two photographs allowed per the submission process, but links to gallery or build threads should be open to anyone to do.

I provide photos for peoples enjoyment and try to provide information and advice wherever I can to other forum members either via a build thread or giving answers where I can.

Currently anyone could have posted additional photos hosted by themselves in the GOM thread. Accusing people of trying to gain an unfair advantage by posting photos I think is a bit off the mark.  I would love to see more photos posted by others.

stratamania said:
I actually did only submit two photos to the GOM of competition as per the official guidelines.

You had two pictures in your entry.  You had nine pictures in the entries thread.  I tried to say that earlier but wasn't clear enough.  My bad.

stratamania said:
The additional photos posted were photographed after the close of the submission and are hosted by myself and not submitted to GOM to host. This is also in accordance with the following in the May submission posted by GOM.

"As usual, all discussion for the submissions can take place below, along with other pictures hosted by the poster."

http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=23511.0

True, the rules allow it.  That is much of what the conversation is about, and the consensus in this thread seems to be that part of the rule should be changed.

stratamania said:
So the simple fact is there are two photographs allowed per the submission process, but links to gallery or build threads should be open to anyone to do.

I provide photos for peoples enjoyment and try to provide information and advice wherever I can to other forum members either via a build thread or giving answers where I can.

Currently anyone could have posted additional photos hosted by themselves in the GOM thread. Accusing people of trying to gain an unfair advantage by posting photos I think is a bit off the mark.  I would love to see more photos posted by others.

And that's fine.  I don't mind links as much.  And I'm certainly not opposed to build threads, or sharing pictures.  I just don't think it should happen in a contest where the rules limit an entry to two photos per guitar.  At least not until the contest part of it is over.

BlueTalon, thanks for your reply.

Personally I think it's probably best for two photos in the GOM thread itself  with an optional link provided with the submission to a build or gallery thread for forum members to peruse should they wish.

Whatever GOM ultimately decides after getting feedback via this thread I am happy with.

Back