7/8 T style, first build and a few general questions.

Can you show a photo from nut to bridge and to the high E of the bridge with the saddle as far forward towards the nut that it will go?

If the strings were had ideal flexibility the theoretical doubling of the distance to the 12th fret would be ideal. However for bridges with solid block saddles, the proper intonation setting requires a few additional mm beyond the calculated scale length. If the saddles are around 631 or 632mm from the nut, then its likely to be close to the right intonation when using a flat-mount hardtail bridge. However I don't know about T-O-M bridge as I do not own any of those. Maybe a T-O-M bridge allows more ideal string flexing, but I can only guess.

The other thing I would check is the Soapbar pickups actually fit in the pickup route. Sometimes if the finish is too thick the soapbars can be very tight in the route.

Thanks for your help guys ! :)

If the strings were had ideal flexibility the theoretical doubling of the distance to the 12th fret would be ideal. However for bridges with solid block saddles, the proper intonation setting requires a few additional mm beyond the calculated scale length. If the saddles are around 631 or 632mm from the nut, then its likely to be close to the right intonation when using a flat-mount hardtail bridge.

I ve'made the same measurement on my Gibson ES347, and i find a 5mm extra (312mm to 629) around the G string.

Maybe screwing the neck properly will reduce it a litte bit ?

I've check the soapbar and they fit.

Can you show a photo from nut to bridge and to the high E of the bridge with the saddle as far forward towards the nut that it will go?
Sure, i will do. I'll send it as soon as i can.

I think it looks like it is in the ballpark.

If you are concerned before doing the build and want confirmation contact Warmoth and point them to this thread.

good idea , I'll contact them to be sure :)

Also, I received the small wrench for trussrod side adjustment, but not the one for the heel adjustment. Is it normal ? If I have to buy one is it a 7/32 inches ?

Also, I received the small wrench for trussrod side adjustment, but not the one for the heel adjustment. Is it normal ? If I have to buy one is it a 7/32 inches ?

Yes, that is normal. You will need to use the heel adjust to begin with, so you will need to get the required allen (hex) key. You can buy a set of imperial and metric from Amazon.de for example including a 7/32" which is the size of the heel adjust.

Back