Personal update on my goings on- Best Buy Musical Instruments

smavridis

So I haven't been on the board very much at all in the best nine months. That's because I have been working the greatest job in the world at Best Buy. The guys at Best Buy have broken into the Musical Instrument sales world competing, HEAVILY, against the big GC. I'm not here to sell to you guys, we're non-commission so it doesn't really matter :p We are the 93rd BB to open with an MI department and we are kicking GC's ass. They send their managers over to us all the time to check out our deals. Everyone knows how lame the guys at GC are and BB is definitely taking note. If anyone is in the Lancaster, Pa area I highly recommend them coming down and checking the place out. Any questions and I will gladly answer, also if we have ridiculous sales which do happen frequently, I'll fill you in... if you want to know that is. BTW, guess what my position is? Guitar Tech and sales :D I've learned alot since I started working at BB about tech work, they actually know what they are talking about when it comes to this stuff. Cheers!

Your beloved greek,
Savas

the ambient noise lvl in a typical BB would put me off of going into one for any music gear. :sad:

Brian

well we have sound rooms with marshalls and bogners to compensate for that. plus we are in the back corner sectioned off from the rest of the bb and the noise level is dependant on how many people are playing the instruments. :)

Hey, while I hate corporation, at least somebody is fighting GC! I can't wait for a local BB to get a music department!

In the meantime, by Bogner, do you mean the Alchemist? If so, NTY. I need a Shiva, or an Ecstasy.

we had a shiva, it sold in the first week. we still have our alchemist which is slight poopoo. BUT we can order anything for you free of charge. at gc they up charge something like $50 to get it ordered and shipped to store.

I'm in Reading, PA. maybe i'll pop over for a visit some time. Definitely let me know if you have any sweet deals in the next 2 months.

Hate to burst your bubble but GC is owned by the same company that owns best buy......hahahahahahahaha.....you work for GC and didn't even know it.hahahahahahahahahahaha......you showed them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pabloman said:
Hate to burst your bubble but GC is owned by the same company that owns best buy......hahahahahahahaha.....you work for GC and didn't even know it.hahahahahahahahahahaha......you showed them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like you have some anger issues or something going on here..

He's just taking pride in the fact that he has a job, and it involves things he likes. Chill out.

Man, I wish that was the case here. All of the decent music shops in my city are all pretty much in the same area... which happens to be about 20 miles from where I live. Strangely enough, there's a Best Buy about 5 minutes away. I don't know if I'd go there to shop for amps or anything, but I would really appreciate not having to drive 45 minutes to get a set of strings.

Luke said:
pabloman said:

I feel like you have some anger issues or something going on here..

He's just taking pride in the fact that he has a job, and it involves things he likes. Chill out.
Yeah, I don't work "for the man," but he's probably getting plenty more than I am. Besides, it's a different store, different environment, different owners, different employees, different customer.

Also, after some quick research, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bain_Capital is the private holding group that owns the private company Guitar Center, and Best Buy is publicly traded, and doesn't seem to have to do anything with them at all...  :dontknow:

nice, a friend tried to convince me to go work at best buy when they opened up the musical instruments section here a couple years ago. seemed like a good idea, but it's a little bit of a drive for me unfortunately. sounds awesome though!

take a little longer to check. i worked at gc when bain bought them. everything changed over from the way we clocked in to the way we got paid. comission went away to regular hourly pay. check best buys website for instruments. it's the same as GC. Check out what bain does. they really arent a traditonal owner. they buy out companies and flip them. GC will be back to the public too. i just hate for people to speak broad spectrum about something that was generally isolated. i was just curious to know the reasons why people hated them that's all. I dont shop at GC because nothing there really excites me. i happen to like the fact that max can shred there. back in my day we didnt have a GC and the music store dude was a total douche and would ask are you gonna buy it when ever i would pull down the gibson chet atkins and plug it into the valvestate and play some slayer.

Luke said:
Also, after some quick research, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bain_Capital is the private holding group that owns the private company Guitar Center, and Best Buy is publicly traded, and doesn't seem to have to do anything with them at all...  :dontknow:

yeah you basically work for Mitt Romney!!

pabloman said:

You still didn't answer this. The section I quoted is WRONG. You addressed nothing in this next quote

pabloman said:
take a little longer to check. i worked at gc when bain bought them. everything changed over from the way we clocked in to the way we got paid. comission went away to regular hourly pay. check best buys website for instruments. it's the same as GC. Check out what bain does. they really arent a traditonal owner. they buy out companies and flip them. GC will be back to the public too. i just hate for people to speak broad spectrum about something that was generally isolated. i was just curious to know the reasons why people hated them that's all. I dont shop at GC because nothing there really excites me. i happen to like the fact that max can shred there. back in my day we didnt have a GC and the music store dude was a total douche and would ask are you gonna buy it when ever i would pull down the gibson chet atkins and plug it into the valvestate and play some slayer.

to disprove this quote

Luke said:

Is English your first language? If it isn't, no hard feelings, but seriously, you are really coming off as an idiot.

Max said:
I hope nobody thinks I actually shred  :laughing7:

You can shred, sorry to inform you

What's with the personal attacks? It must be your defense mechanism when you start to feel on the short end of the intellectual stick. I really don't care enough about this topic to care about doing research and start name calling. I will however defend myself. Am I speaking in broken english? What the hell would make you question my first language other than my screen name you racist f*ck? What exactly is so idiotic? The fact that I'm making a statement that YOU can't research? Marty Albertson explained to me that Bain Capital was a majority shareholder of BB. Why in the world would you use wikipedia to back up your ramblings? Check that link again and read the history. Anyway I'm done with the whole BB GC thing. However I will continue to personally defend myself. You shouldn't throw chingasos cause I'll f*ck you up boy. You can PM me or email me and we could chat without the restrictions of the forum. Just let me know biotch.

It has been at least 6 months since I have asked this, but here goes....CAN WE PLEASE GET AN IGNORE FUNCTION?

so I'm just quickly glancing at this thread and I keep seeing BB this and BB that, and I'm saying to myself, who did I piss off?  A lot of times when someone is answering a post of mine they refer to me as BB..............

Then I read the entire post.  Which, honestly some people need to do, seems everybody is getting awful cranky lately here on the forum.   Maybe it's that time of the month?

Back