Paisley Body Finish

I forgot to add - Yea!  that's a great story!  Aren't twists in fate interesting.  And we all think we have control over our lives  :laughing8:

I'm currently outbidded on the ebay body - I plan to drop in a last minute bid and swoop it.  Anyone have any ebay strategies that would work in this situation?

Decide what it's worth to you and do one bid at the latest moment. If you're outbid, don't shed any tears. If you start bidding too soon you're likely to get sucked up into a bidding race where you either don't win your item anyway or you wind up paying a lot more than what it actually was worth to you. The way I suggest, you're going to lose on a lot of items but hey, at that price you didn't want it anyway. The big issue here is deciding how much it's worth to you. In our western world where we're used to just looking at a price tag and laying down our money that's a real problem. When I visited Istanbul, I saw that people there who are used to haggle have a much better feeling for the value of an item.

ByteFrenzy said:
Decide what it's worth to you and do one bid at the latest moment. If you're outbid, don't shed any tears. If you start bidding too soon you're likely to get sucked up into a bidding race where you either don't win your item anyway or you wind up paying a lot more than what it actually was worth to you. The way I suggest, you're going to lose on a lot of items but hey, at that price you didn't want it anyway. The big issue here is deciding how much it's worth to you. In our western world where we're used to just looking at a price tag and laying down our money that's a real problem. When I visited Istanbul, I saw that people there who are used to haggle have a much better feeling for the value of an item.

Well, with 12 minutes left to go I put in my max bid, and then had to run to give the boy a bath and put him to bed.  Came back 2 hours later to find that some one else got it.

Oh well - now I guess I have to figure out how to do a pro finish if I want one - unless warmoth would like to do one :icon_tongue:

Back