P or PJ 4 string Bass - Why no string thru option ?

DanTM

Hello there !

My 7/8 guitar is currently at a luthier to get set up.

I am now thinking about getting a Warmoth P or PJ 4 string bass but I have a problem with the configurator.

Is there really no option to get a string thru routing ?

I do not understand why I can chose the Hipshot A String-Thru option with a 5 string body but not with a 4 string body ?

If I can not chose a string thru for the body I will probably have to go with a non-warmoth build :(

Thanks,
Dan

There is a string-thru option listed as Bad Ass III.

The Hipshot is compatible with that I believe but check with Warmoth sales as they will know for sure.

It looks like there’s an option for getting string thru holes: https://www.warmoth.com/Bass/Options/BassBridgeRouting.aspx

bridge_routing_12.jpg

I have, and enjoy, the Fender deluxe string thru bridge, the unadorned version.  It was on my old Jazz Bass, and I've grown to appreciate it, so I bought another.
The BadAss III bridge was made as a replacement for this bridge, but really, why put a zinc casting in place of solid steel and string thru?  Doesn't make sense.  The saddles are perfectly notched, with a few deep and wide notches as opposed to threaded rods.  Its a great bridge.
Warmoth does a 4 string version for the BadAss III, and I just ordered one in ash.  And... I'm waitin'......

Back