please help me i am trying to figure out
if p-90 pickups will fit into the universal routing
of warmoths mustang model
i know they do not offer p90 cuts on the pickguard
because of the traditional mustang switches

i plan on using a three way switch in between tone and volume control

so will a p-90 fit in a warmoth body mustang

please help !!!

The Wide of P90 is around same as the single Strat pickups.

So it  can fit in a warmoth body mustang .

only you need to select None cuts pickups hole on the pickguard , and DIY CUT it.

index.php

Attachments

• P90.jpg
    P90.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 561
I ordered a pickguard one time with the neck pickup route cut but without the mounting holes on either end. Then I just opened up the route to fit the pickup and drilled the mounting holes where they needed to be. It requires a call to specially order but they were able to do it for me.

When I've had questions like this I've called Big-W and asked directly.  They'll tell you.  I've had pickguards that didn't fit the pups exactly and I've wound up sanding them a little to make them bigger (humbucker to trembucker situation).  And then I've had to take a dremel tool to make spaces bigger in the wood (control cavity).  It's all doable. 

Hendrix said:
The Wide of P90 is around same as the single Strat pickups...

Not to split hairs, but that scratchplate builder pic is a bit misleading - the width of the (visible) part of a Strat pickup is about 2.75" and a P90 is about 3.35". They'd still probably fit though, with some risk of needing a little wood removing - as Rick said, nothing too problematic though.

It would certainly be worth calling Warmoth to ask if they'd cut the pickguard for P90s.

contacted warmoth
they are not willing to modify p90
cuts into there mustang pickguard
they say they never opened up options much
for the 24 scale line
i think they should reconsider that

i think i will be able to figure out how to get a custom guard cut
from a warmoth guard with p-90s

my main concern is if the p-90s will fit inside the 3.5 width of the universal warmoth mustang routeing

Another option for you are P90's in a humbucker form factor, that way you don't have to sweat it.  Phat Cat ... Rail Hammer are both excellent PUPs.

Rick said:
Another option for you are P90's in a humbucker form factor, that way you don't have to sweat it.  Phat Cat ... Rail Hammer are both excellent PUPs.

I put p90s in humbucker size in my jaguar so I wouldn't have to sweat it...

Logrinn said:

If you're in the United States, you can get Rio Grande Dirty Harry Strat pickups that purport to do the same thing.  They'll likely be less expensive than the UK-based Creamery pups, but if you're in it to win it, i.e., get what you WANT vs. what you can barely afford, go big, man.

Back