Out of the Vault - a little cheesy

fdesalvo

OK, I decided to polish something up that was left in the vault.  It's a little old school, but was a ton of fun to lay down.  I think this was my second or third song ever lol. 

Will have some room for some fun solos on this one.  Pardon my cheese!

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/frankdesalvo/flight-of-the-wyvern[/soundcloud]

Thanks, man.  I'm always uneasy about sharing this one for some reason.  The bridge a bit long in the tooth, but like I said it's going to be slit with a solo.

Dude, that is great!  Not cheesy, at all.  Cheesy from that era is like Cinderella, Poison, etc.  That is heavy, dark, and deep.  I love it, too.  I will even be better with a solo section or two in there.  I loved the ending.

Thanks Doc!  I just rearranged the bridge and split it into a part to lead out of the solo. Has all these crazy guitar harmonies lol. Pure chaos!  Once I have to solo music down I'll update this.

fdesalvo said:
Thanks Doc!  I just rearranged the bridge and split it into a part to lead out of the solo. Has all these crazy guitar harmonies lol. Pure chaos!  Once I have to solo music down I'll update this.

:icon_thumright:

What do you use for drums? Curiosity.

Nice! Not totally original, but loads of potential there! Curious to hear your solos! You should hook up with a great vocalist and get some cool shit going.

Updated, but not with solo section yet..still a bit of a rough mix.

ಠ_ಠ said:
What do you use for drums? Curiosity.

Nice! Not totally original, but loads of potential there! Curious to hear your solos! You should hook up with a great vocalist and get some cool shite going.

You listen to me, skateboard eye username guy - I wrote this in 2005! Of course it's original... :toothy11:

Haha just messin.  Who does it sound like?

I use the drum samples in Logic. You can hear samples of my other solos in my other soundcloud tracks if you be curious.  My music will probably never make sense to a vocalist.  I write for soundtrack/game/personal use, so the format may be too random for them.  Who knows?  :dontknow:  My lead singer can't sing over my music, so I just decided to do something with it myself.

Sorry, by original I just meant that it's not totally groundbreaking(not a bad thing), not that you didn't write it. I didn't mean to detract from it at all - It sounds great! I definitely think a good vocalist could come up with some really cool lines over that if you found someone who could work with your style of writing!

Also, nice job with the drums! They sound good.

Man you gotta know I was just messing with you. Of all the things I've written this is indeed the least original or unique sounding to me. Prob why it was in the vault lol.

Thank you sir.  Just did some rearranging and made room for a solo.  Mix is still rough.

Added a stanky little solo.  Couldn't really think of anything that blew my hair back. 

Thanks doc. It's grown on me and I dig it now.  I just wasn't expecting the blues side of it to come about.  It just kinda happened lol.

Back