Others?

RLW said:
Other than my dog, this is my favorite "hybrid".

DSCN1298.jpg

What's that on the sofa?

Jommit said:
DangerousR6 said:
Dude, I had one of those Ibanez Roadstars too. 'Cept mine was bright yellow, set up like a strat. Wht pg 3 singles and a cheezy trem, no floyd..It was a good guitar, but as I look back it was rather hideous....
I have seen one of those Roadstars. I don`t like the color on mine, and it is well beaten up so now I have sanded it down to bare wood. I`m going to round the edges on the front and make a forearm contour before I paint it in some kind of white :icon_smile: 
You talking about the little hooks on the ends of the horn bout's, I'd leave those. Kinda cool feature to me, reminds me of the Schecter 006. May get a newer Ibanez neck and get rid of that awful looking headstock...  :icon_jokercolor:
5da0_12.JPG

No the hooks stays, but the edge with binding is being sanded so it get`s a little smoother :icon_smile:
A new neck would bee great but if I can`t get one I sand it down and refinish it. 

Jommit said:
No the hooks stays, but the edge with binding is being sanded so it get`s a little smoother :icon_smile:
A new neck would bee great but if I can`t get one I sand it down and refinish it. 
sounds cool, I always have liked that body shape. There's plenty of the square heel newer headstock necks on ebay, this ones pretty cheap too...
http://cgi.ebay.com/IBANEZ-guitar-neck-NEW-RG-120-never-played-MINT_W0QQitemZ250287334226QQihZ015QQcategoryZ41423QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have placed a bid on the first one you posted. Thank you for finding it, I guess it will look killer on body when it`s done :icon_thumright:

Jommit said:
I have placed a bid on the first one you posted. Thank you for finding it, I guess it will look killer on body when it`s done :icon_thumright:
Sweet, but here's a little tip for ya. When it comes to ebay I find it best to just watch an item, and if I really want it I'll wait til the last possible moments to place a bid. Otherwise the biding gets out of hand. Let them think they'll win it, then swoop in for the kill...It's called "snipping"....

DangerousR6 said:
Jommit said:
Sweet, but here's a little tip for ya. When it comes to ebay I find it best to just watch an item, and if I really want it I'll wait til the last possible moments to place a bid. Otherwise the biding gets out of hand. Let them think they'll win it, then swoop in for the kill...It's called "snipping"....

So that is what you call it.  Happened to me a couple of times.

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
Jommit said:

So that is what you call it.  Happened to me a couple of times.
wasn't me, i swear........ :icon_biggrin:

I have even been overbid after bidding in the last 10 seconds!  :sad1: apparently you can get software that bids for you literally in the last second of an auction.

Or have cold blood as (the most part of) germans, dutches, swiss, etc and wait till the last sec :laughing3:

DangerousR6 said:
Jommit said:
sounds cool, I always have liked that body shape. There's plenty of the square heel newer headstock necks on ebay, this ones pretty cheap too...
http://cgi.ebay.com/IBANEZ-guitar-neck-NEW-RG-120-never-played-MINT_W0QQitemZ250287334226QQihZ015QQcategoryZ41423QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Won the bidding round on this one. Got it for $56 :icon_smile:

Finally, a chance to post my crap.
Epi SG310
Hondo H-35 acoustic
Warmoth Walnut Soloist
Dunlop CryBaby
Marshall MG30DFX
JB model PUP
Dougs' neck plate.

From left to right  The Acoustics:
'76 Takamine C-128  ,
Mid 50's Sherwood archtop with a quilted maple back/sides
'94 Taylor 614 C with LR Baggs Dual source
( 2 piece perfect book matched flamed maple - the new ones are 3 piece)
Old chromed bell brass Dobro - my most prized guitar

The electrics from left to right -all bought new :
'88 Fender Jazz fretless with Gotoh bridge and Dimarzio Stacks
'84 Fender American Std Strat with Lindy Fralin pu's and blend pot ( neck/bridge)
'79 Gibson Les Paul Custom with tp6 fine tune tail piece in birdseye maple.

The 2 I've built
My first built in 99
Neck through 24 fret ebony over hard rock maple neck
Chambered Purple heart top Zebrano center Lacewood back
Benedetto PAF neck/ GIbson P-94 mid /Harmonic Designs Z 90 bridge - 5 way switch  Vol/tone

My Warmoth Tele built in '03- Quilted Maple top over chambered Swamp Ash
'59 C profile  AAAA birdseye maple neck
Gold Kluson tuners/brass nut / Gold string through Fender bridge with compensating saddles
Fender Tele Texas Specials  , reverse controls with 4 way switch ( series is position 4)

Not shown '72 Gibson SG is in the shop , and the new Warmoth G4 Koa/Mahagony with  Padouk /ebony neck and Bart M34CBC and Bart pre amp I'm building

I think bidding at the last second is called "sniping" (like what you do with a rifle), not "snipping" (which is what you do with scissors).  There are even services that will do it for you... they can get your bid in in the last 3 seconds  :eek:

Back