Ordered A Mojotone Studio One Amplifier Kit..............................

JeffBlue

I ordered the amp kit the because the tone was indistinguishable from a Marshall JCM 900 when volumes were matched on a youtube video. The Studio One is a 1 watt amp that gives you massive tone without blowing out your windows. I need to build an amp so that I have a better understanding of how an amp really works. And then, someday, perhaps I will design and build my own.

I recently discovered this kit and it would have been perfect for what I was intending to do a couple of months back.  but alas, I've made my bed.  I like that its point to point, but also has 2 channels.

I even have a spare T75.  Would make a really nice 1x12 combo amp.

Nice.  I'm sure it will be a great amp.  Have fun.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Just received my Mojotone Studio One amp kit. I did an inventory and discovered that I am missing two chicken head knobs. I counted six and there should be eight. I emailed Mojotone customer service and I will call tomorrow. This kit and cab are both nice. This is going to be a beautiful amp.

Okay.........DON'T LAUGH!...........Last night I installed (not wired) the tube sockets, pots, switch, pilot light, impedance switch, jacks (except channel switch/relay) AC line receptacle...........and then it dawned on me............where's the front and rear face plates? They are on back order. now I have to remove all of the components from the front and rear of the chassis and carefully replace them in the plastic bins that Mojotone supplies.

Hey man, I can't count how many times I have installed things just to realized I missed something obvious and had to take it ALL back apart.

Really excited to see what you think of this thing. Just watched a few videos about it and am very interested.

I am really impressed with the quality of the parts and workmanship of the Studio One kit. The cab is a thing of beauty. I am looking forward to finish building this amp so I can play it.

I made an attempt to populate the board for the Studio One and I noticed the board I have does not match what the diagram layout displays. I contacted Mojotone and the proper board is on the way.

Now that's quality control right there.

Sorry - but I don't have much respect for MojoTone.  Seems to me it's heavy on the marketing and light on the engineering / product delivery.

Back