Order placed for a new tele - the wait begins

Steve St.Laurent

Just placed an order today and picked up a body and neck off the showcase.  I've been watching for a tele neck in Bocote and then I read where someone this week ordered a showcase neck and had the headstock recut to a tele shape!  That was the news I was waiting for (and didn't know it) as there was a strat neck there just like I wanted except for the headstock shape  :headbang1: .  At the same time I ordered a custom neck for the headless travel guitar I'm buidling and a body black - so it's going to be quite the box arriving with parts for two guitar in there!  The wait is gonna kill me.  So here's a photoshop of the tele and the specs.  Going with all black hardware on it.

Body:
Chambered Mahogony Tele
Laminate Top/Body woods: 3 PC Quilted Maple
Rear route
Tele/none/tele pickups
Gotoh black tele bridge
Black/Red/Black sustom Dye top
Clear gloss back
DAllenPickups Hot Vintage Tele Pickups

Neck:
Tele Neck
Warmoth Pro
Right Handed Handed
Bocote
Bocote Fretboard
1-11/16" Nut Width
Standard thin
SS6105 (Stainless)
Schaller (25/64", 11/32") Tuner Ream
Schaller black locking tuners with hidden locating pin (Nearly impossible to find - took a year and a half)
22 frets
10-16" Compound Radius
No Inlay
Side Dots Only Inlay
Mother Of Pearl Side Dots
GraphTech Black TUSQ XL

Been planning this one for a couple years - can't wait

Attachments

• Tele.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 615
Did you remember to get the strat neck pocket on your body? Cause if you are just recutting the headstock the heel will still be a strat heel. I can imagine that would be a horrible thing to forget, so just a friendly reminder :icon_thumright:

Otherwise, that looks like it is going to be a sweeeeet guitar.

Body was off the showcase so getting a strat pocket wasn't an option.  The strat heel will fit and intimate properly.  The 22nd fret overhang will cover the gap.  I may route the pocket down for a 720 mod or make a filler piece up to completely cover it up depending on how it looks.

Oh yeah baby!!!!!  Got the email notification today that I have 2 packages weighing 19 lbs heading this way.  :headbang: Only 2 1/2 weeks after I placed the order.  Supposed too arrive here on Tuesday!

Steve St.Laurent said:
Oh yeah baby!!!!!  Got the email notification today that I have 2 packages weighing 19 lbs heading this way.  :headbang: Only 2 1/2 weeks after I placed the order.  Supposed too arrive here on Tuesday!

Good for you! Kinda makes the heart beat faster, doesn't it? It's as close as it gets to being a little kid before Christmas, or the time leading up to your first date.

Arrived today!!!! :headbang:  OMG that bocote neck is unbelievable!!!  I can't wait to be able to play on it!  Soooo slippery and beautiful - pictures do not do it any justice.

Steve St.Laurent said:
OMG that bocote neck is unbelievable!!!  I can't wait to be able to play on it!  Soooo slippery and beautiful - pictures do not do it any justice.

That does not relieve you of your obligation to post pictures of it! Now, get on the stick!

Otherwise, we shall all be forced to believe that this neck is a figment of your imagination. A fever dream, brought on by the ingestion of some outdated meat product.

I'm sorry, but it has always been thus.

Steve St.Laurent said:
OMG that bocote neck is unbelievable!!! 
I can't wait to be able to play on it! 
Soooo slippery and beautiful
- pictures do not do it any justice.
Correct to all the above .....

NOW ...  :icon_scratch:  ... where's the pic's.

Always look better in the flesh, and that Bocote is one beauty you scored  :icon_thumright:

Ok, here you go - try not to drool on your keyboard (I'm not responsible for any damages):

IMGP1806.JPG

IMGP1807.JPG

IMGP1808.JPG

IMGP1809.JPG

IMGP1810.JPG

Oh, my! Not exactly Guitar Center material, is it? <sigh> Someday...

Steve St.Laurent said:
Ok, here you go - try not to drool on your keyboard (I'm not responsible for any damages):
That's for the warning ..................... moved keyboard out of dribble range  :icon_biggrin:

Yep just as I thought ....  :icon_thumright: .... killer looking neck  :eek:

Now thats a much better match-up of the neck and body in the flesh, than the mock up pic earlier.
(thought that would happen)
The clear back body and quilt looks great too.

Black hardware i'm guessing.  :dontknow:

Yep, all black hardware except for the Tele neck pickup cover (chrome).  Also have some custom ebony knobs with bloodwood red dot inlays in the top for an indicator coming.

On the first picture, on my phone, before I zoomed in, the neck looked like it was a tribal design, I almost clicked off the thread entirely, but somethin told me, '' look again, you moron''  and I did, and man this guitar is seriously gorgeous!  :party07: I love two tone

Steve St.Laurent said:
I LOVE this neck!!  Going to have a blast with this one :)
You sure will  :guitarplayer2:
One of those I put into the quote of .... 'pure sex on a stick'

Turned out great BTW  :icon_thumright:

Back