Noodling on my Warmoth (video)

taez555

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVTWSfFNe4Q

So I was making the video this morning to show the infamous "wilkinson wobble", http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3493.0 and I got bored and decided to record some videos of me noodling on my warmoth.  I recorded a bunch of distortion tracks with my OCD but wasn't too happy with my playing, this turned out half decent though.  Don't mind the sloppy playing.  Just me noodling and cycling through a bunch of pickup positions.

Enjoy

erik

Pfft, sloppy playing, that's way tighter than my best playing on my best day when I'm stone sober.  Nice job, and sweet guitar :)

dbw said:
Pfft, sloppy playing, that's way tighter than my best playing on my best day when I'm stone sober.  Nice job, and sweet guitar :)

For real!  Are ALL you guys virtuoso's or something?

Nice playing man  :headbang:

Very cool, lots-o-pick up options there...Now let's hear some distortion...... :headbang1:

dbw said:
And remind us, what do all those controls do?

There are 3 mini toggles.  The two front ones switch each Humbucker individually from Series, Single & Parallel.  The back togle is an "allways on" for the bridge humbucker. 

Basically what you hear me doing is switching between single coils or parallel when I'm in the 2 & 4 mode, or I turn all 3 pickups on a couple times... or I'm using the humbuckers together in parallel.  Mostly I'm just feeling around for what sounds good at any given moment.

Xplorervoodoo said:
dbw said:

Yes, yes we are.  :laughing7:

Yes, nice licks and tones! Cool switching set up; may have to try that one! Thanks!

Wow! very good, nice tone and nice variety of sounds, your playing was good too.

do you have a schematic of how its wired, or link us to one thats close enough?

GoDrex said:
Xplorervoodoo said:
dbw said:

Yes, yes we are.  :laughing7:

Yeah you just posted a video of yourself being a badass, too.  I guess I should scrape a video together... nobody make fun of me please :(

Alfang said:
Wow! very good, nice tone and nice variety of sounds, your playing was good too.

do you have a schematic of how its wired, or link us to one thats close enough?

It's actually really simple.   Basically it's wired exactly like a standard strat.  It's just a simple basic 5 way strat switch, no super switch or nothing.   The difference is, before I connected the pickups to each lug I have an on/on/on - series/single/parallel switch before.  I think I got the diagram from the Seymour Duncan Website.  Then.... the always on switch(another seymour duncan wesite diagram) just takes the hot signal from the Humbucker on the mini switch and just routes it right to the lug on the volume pot.

Here's a diagram I made.  And no I didn't do this today. When you plan a guitar for two years, and then have to wait 3 months after ordering it, you have some time to kill to play with adobe illustrator. :)

A couple grounds or and things may have changed when I actually wired it. I forget, but this is the basically it.

Oh and everyone.... thanks for all the kind words. :)  Virtuoso I am not.  I'm just happy to hold my own.

Yeah..nice clean tone!...now don't forget, when you 'are' happy with your playing ...let's hear that distortion. :icon_biggrin:
Real nice.

Back