Gangsters On The Run / Original

Updown

Hi all  :icon_biggrin:

This is something I did all by myself, about a year or so ago.
Haven't done a lot of recording lately, been building Warmoth Guitars.  :toothy10:

Song title "Gangsters On The Run" 5.29 min ...... My own Original 

It's kind of like a soundtrack for a show or film.
(You'll get the idea when you listen to it)

Suppose it's sort of 'Guitars  Verses  Synths' is the best way to put it.
57 tracks all up, So I won't be going though all of these.

This was a type of test-run, using as much of my gear at once, just to see how much my iMac / logic
could handle playing back, before having to 'Freeze' something or record some Midi into Audio 1st etc.
Finished up with 57 tracks (some only have small bits thou)…..
But playing back, all 57 were right at the peak in CPU use (Just on the verge of cracking-up)
(iMac 2.4 Ghz intel core 2 duo, 4Gb)

By having so many tracks was a nightmare panning wise, thats where 2 screens come in handy !
Mixed though monitors, but used the headphones for close up panning & crucial bits.

Didn't really need insert effects to add in as such, as each instrument was setup with effects before recording.

Recorded in my home studio with Logic 9 + iMac & other toys.  :icon_biggrin:
Some Guitar into Roland VG-99 & some though Zoom MRS 802 Multi 8 Track player for added efx's,

Also using different Synths. .... Virus Ti, Kore 2, Crystal & using NI Maschine for drum tracks.
Did some 'guitar to midi' bits as well using Roland VG-99.

Didn't use normal drums as such, kept to using just Djembe's / Shakers & other types.
9 drum tracks in total (not all at once thou)
I CAN'T sing (at all  :sad: ) so thats why I use synths etc to fill it in. Also used some sound efx's from logic.

Done a little EQ & Vol automation, very little other insert efx's used.
Plenty of Panning done.
Listen to this with headphones if possible as it might come across better, ie:  Diff sounds / efx's
But … then again, just pump it up loud with your monitors.  :icon_biggrin:
I personally, really like the drum tracks that I put together in this song !!  Has a real nice 'punch' to it.

A lot of my stuff is that sort of, sound-track / film-score / adverts / doco's / background music.
Kind of happens that way, when ya can't sing.

Hey I don't expect you all to like it …. we all do have different taste buds !!
Was done before any of my Warmoth builds.

Any thoughts, comments from any direction, the good the bad the ugly, gratefully appreciated.
Thank you so much for listening, hope you enjoy it.   

Play it LOUD  :icon_biggrin:

Updown  :toothy10:

http://soundcloud.com/zummooz/gangsters-on-the-run

Back