New Warmoth Site Bug Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I ordered a showcase body, a new pickguard and some parts. According to the shipment FAQ, I believe this should all be shipping to me in one order.

I received two shipment notifications which was odd. One was for my recent showcase order and I also received a shipment notification for someone else's order.

On the Gecko 5 Small Bass Neck you can only choose maple or wenge as a wood. Is that a bug or the only woods available?

Choosing Black ebony you can't get past the 'Would you like to choose your own fretboard?' bit as no matter what you choose there are no unique options Please select 'Warmoth can choose for me'. Which is not available to select.

So that's definitely a bug.

amigarobbo said:
On the Gecko 5 Small Bass Neck you can only choose maple or wenge as a wood. Is that a bug or the only woods available?

Choosing Black ebony you can't get past the 'Would you like to choose your own fretboard?' bit as no matter what you choose there are no unique options Please select 'Warmoth can choose for me'. Which is not available to select.

Maple and Wenge are the only two choices for shaft wood, as has always been the case.

The behavior you're observing with "Ebony (Black)" isn't a bug. This is the conditional logic required to make UC items work in these new builders. The builder ends at the UC section because 1) Black Ebony is only available as a UC, and 2) there isn't any in stock at the moment.

The message that pops up then says "Please select 'Warmoth can choose for me', or select another fretboard wood type." You can proceed through the builder by following those instructions.

stratamania said:
Warmoth 7/8 Tele Style Body Builder.

Hardtail bridge selection lists Gotoh 12 string as an option under hardtail bridges but Warmoth 12 string neck options are 25.5" scale and will not intonate on the 7/8 body.

It seems to me that the most prevalent and probably one of the most serious bugs overall that I have observed are related to the conditional logic in the builders not showing the correct choices.

Fixed. Good catch!

swarfrat said:
Gecko 5 small bass body - only available in rear route, which is a $20 upcharge.

It's always only been available RR, and RR bodies have always been an extra $20 over top routs. The charge just wasn't shown separately like it is now...it was rolled into the overall price. It covers the cost of the rear cavity cover and screws.

AcrylicSuperman said:
The Jagstang pickguard has no option for switches. The only option in the drop down menu is none.

Fixed!

swarfrat said:
More non-optional options:

Seven string necks look like this:

7-string base price $73 (what's this?? doesn't line up with previous options)
Maple $152
Maple Fingerboard $25

If the 7 string base price is actually $225 that's one thing, but the current options sort of obscure that.
Also once maple fingerboard is selected, you can't unselect it, So it means the actual minimum selectable base price is $250.

Yep, this is similar to my response a couple posts up about RR cavities.

Having the prices broken out like this does make the base price less obvious, but it's the way these new builder have to work. You can't just set a random base price per item. All bodies originate from the same master template, so every option has to be broken down with a price assigned to it. Same with necks.

Maybe at some point we can add some verbiage for each model that says "Starting at $295" or whatever, but that will have to wait for now.

The Aaron said:
The behavior you're observing with "Ebony (Black)" isn't a bug. This is the conditional logic required to make UC items work in these new builders. The builder ends at the UC section because 1) Black Ebony is only available as a UC, and 2) there isn't any in stock at the moment.

The message that pops up then says "Please select 'Warmoth can choose for me', or select another fretboard wood type." You can proceed through the builder by following those instructions.

People will get to this point, fiddle around with it for a bit, fail and walk away.

It is a bug. Fix it and stop blaming the people telling you.

And before I forget, what happened to the description of the types of neck?  Choose a type of neck, say:
https://warmoth.com/index.php/guitar-necks/stratocaster

And it used to show the description of the neck, what it would fit into, nice examples at the top of the screen, and at the bottom of the page the options to browse in stock/build a custom neck, now it's just going straight to the browse in stock, with an option to build a custom neck.

Seems a step backwards. obv.

Wow....what's this all about? Had a few moments so I popped on this thread to fix a few bugs and offer some explanations, and now I have to be in an argument?

iu

Thanks for fixing those bugs Aaron!  :headbang:

Everyone needs an adda-boy.

The Aaron said:
Wow....what's this all about? Had a few moments so I popped on this thread to fix a few bugs and offer some explanations, and now I have to be in an argument?

iu
:laughing11:

braziers said:
Could well be duplicating a list of things from the other 'New Website' thread, but here goes;

Bugs
  • Random name appearing on homepage;
    I get my own name when going into 'My Account' but various random names appearing on all other pages.
  • Random stuff appearing in Wishlist at the side of page;
    Getting random products appearing in a Wishlist at the right-hand side of some pages, which then isn't then when I actually access my Wishlist
  • Paint options missing in lists;
    Playing about with the Strat Body Builder today, when selecting Transparent Paint, Mary Kay White and Butterscotch currently don't come up as options in the drop-down menu, regardless of whatever options I've picked for wood etc.

These have all been fixed. The first two were due to our full page cache.

The last one is working correctly, but is a change from the old site. Mary Kay and Butterscotch you can only get now if you have a Swamp Ash core. We had way too many people returning bodies because they got those colors over Alder and were unhappy because they couldn't see the grain.

braziers said:
Annoyances
  • Re-registering;
    Obvious one, but re-registering has meant I've lost all my order history etc within My Account.
  • Unable to see back of Body in Body Builder;
    Not the biggest deal in the world, but I like to see a mockup of the back, just to double check I've no optioned on anything I shouldn't have...
  • Unable to see mockup of hardward installed in Body Builder;
    Used to have the option to add a pickguard and then hardware at the end of the Body Builder config. Seems that's no longer an option, but would be very much welcomed back!

If you need your order history we can provide it. Email us and we'll help you out.

We knew those last two would be a common complaint, but they won't be coming any time soon. As they were, the builders were unsustainable due to the sheer amount of working and moving parts involved. The hardware integration in particular made for many headaches.

Because they were so time-consuming were were only able to have a visual builder on maybe 20-25% of our products...only 2/3 of guitar bodies. The remaining guitar bodies, all bass bodies, all guitar necks, and all bass necks had no visual component at all.

Now they all do. And the lighter load will enable us to add it to future products as well.

Edit: Added Geko adjustment to satisfy bug complaint.

The Aaron said:
We knew those last two would be a common complaint, but they won't be coming any time soon. As they were, the builders were unsustainable due to the sheer amount of working and moving parts involved.

Hey man, I totally get that for the builder, BUT I would highly recommend putting it in the color tab on the left side. I even did a CSS mock up for you guys (Please note, obviously i couldn't put in the images, or extra color icon section but you get the basic idea)

rxwkMvj.png

This way we can meet half way :headbanging:

Additionally when dealing with the Ebony (Black) issue, ask the devs to throw in some conditional logic

If Neck in (List of necks that need this) and Fretboard wood = Ebony Black and Stock = Out then unique choice text = "blabla". Logic is super easy if the underlying system supports it. (Preview)
xUnaDnP.png

Also idk who this sean is... but put it back.  :icon_jokercolor:
Code:
<!-- <option value="Neon">Neon</option> Removed Neon per Sean 10/20/17 <<<You guys weren't joking about how long it's been in Dev lol>>> -->
kMxXUa3.png

I've encountered some kind of bug when attempting to log into my account.. I haven't seen anyone else mention this, so I figured I would. The website loads fine at first, but after giving my user name and password and clicking the "log in" button, the website just goes blank. No matter what I do afterwards, I can't get the website to load even when I close and reopen my browser. This has been going on for at least the past couple of hours, because it happened to me at work. Yes, Warmoth was more pressing than my job. lol I've attached a screen shot showing what I see on my end.

Update: I tried logging in again today at work and am still receiving the same error. At home I use Firefox, but at work our browser is google chrome and I'm getting the error HTTP Error 500 which I understand is a general internal server error.  Clearing my browser history including cache and cookies allows me to at least load the website again, so the error has something to do with recalling user accounts maybe?

Attachments

• Warmoth Bug.jpg
    Warmoth Bug.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 121
The Aaron said:
amigarobbo said:

Maple and Wenge are the only two choices for shaft wood, as has always been the case.

With regard to

I have reported the same bug on the Gecko6 neck but it seems to exist on all Gecko necks. The problem is not the expected behaviour with no unique choice but rather there is no option when selecting Black Ebony to let Warmoth Choose for me.

"Please select 'Warmoth can choose for me'

That is the bug it is not possible to select that when Black Ebony is selected...you have to select UC whether you want to or not. It is probably not intentional to force having to have UC if it is Black ebony which is not the case on other types of necks. So it looks like a bug to me.

The F-Hole for the T-Bass body is too high up in the visualizer. Happens with all body wood choices it seems.
rop2ds4

Attachments

• A26EF3AE-E865-4F5A-A750-E681EAA7BEF1.png
    A26EF3AE-E865-4F5A-A750-E681EAA7BEF1.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back