New Warmoth Site Bug Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChronoTrigger77 said:
I've noticed that on mobile devices (touch screen), you can't zoom in like you can on most websites.  It's most obvious when viewing a showcase item, clicking the image to get a bigger one, then realizing that it's actually smaller and can't be enlarged.

This is the relevant code:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=0" />

I am able to zoom without issue on mobile (Safari, IOS)

-VB- said:
ChronoTrigger77 said:
I've noticed that on mobile devices (touch screen), you can't zoom in like you can on most websites.  It's most obvious when viewing a showcase item, clicking the image to get a bigger one, then realizing that it's actually smaller and can't be enlarged.

This is the relevant code:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=0" />

I am able to zoom without issue on mobile (Safari, IOS)

Good to know!  The issue definitely affects Android.  Technically, you can choose to override it in accessibility settings, but I'm not sure many people would know that.  I don't have an iPhone handy to test, so I'm also not sure if your results are because Safari just automatically overrides this setting, or because you have changed your settings.

More non-optional options:

Seven string necks look like this:

7-string base price $73 (what's this?? doesn't line up with previous options)
Maple $152
Maple Fingerboard $25

If the 7 string base price is actually $225 that's one thing, but the current options sort of obscure that.
Also once maple fingerboard is selected, you can't unselect it, So it means the actual minimum selectable base price is $250.

stratamania said:
ChronoTrigger77 said:
SeaGroomer said:
I mentioned it in the other thread, but I am not able to see any 'unique choice' laminate tops or fretboards. It just gives me an error saying there are none available. It happened on all of the models of body and neck I've tried.

Good luck to the poor developers - the first few days after a new site meets the public is always bound to be busy!

This is almost certainly because they haven't yet uploaded the unique choice data.  Some of the showcase items that were in stock on the old site are now reappearing on the new site, so I suspect it won't be long until unique choice items reappear as well.

That is not a bug but what would show up if there were no Unique choices available.

It is a bug if there are supposed to be unique choice veneers though. It's highly unlikely they are entirely 100% sold out. It's like the other guy said, the data just hasn't been linked-up yet.

trying to build a Gecko 5 Medium neck. There's only one option for the choose your own fretboard pulldown- you can only select "yes". Obviously that's a dead end right now while we wait for custom picks, and because you can't move on to the next option until you select the previous one, you can't progress to play with any other options.

[edit] played around for a while and figured out it happens on all bass necks (or at least the ones I tried) when you have Bocote, Canary, Ebony (masacar), or Rosewood (dark) selected as your fretboard wood.

I'd really prefer being able to select from options in any order I like. You could prevent it from adding to the cart until all options have been selected, but sometimes I just want to quickly see something like "would black pearl blocks look better on Purpleheart or Bloodwood?", to pick a random example, and having to choose from every single option leading up to the inlays to do that is a little annoying.

SeaGroomer said:
stratamania said:
ChronoTrigger77 said:
SeaGroomer said:
I mentioned it in the other thread, but I am not able to see any 'unique choice' laminate tops or fretboards. It just gives me an error saying there are none available. It happened on all of the models of body and neck I've tried.

Good luck to the poor developers - the first few days after a new site meets the public is always bound to be busy!

This is almost certainly because they haven't yet uploaded the unique choice data.  Some of the showcase items that were in stock on the old site are now reappearing on the new site, so I suspect it won't be long until unique choice items reappear as well.

That is not a bug but what would show up if there were no Unique choices available.

It is a bug if there are supposed to be unique choice veneers though. It's highly unlikely they are entirely 100% sold out. It's like the other guy said, the data just hasn't been linked-up yet.

But it is not a bug it is a feature. There are or were no UC veneers at that time so that is what happens in the event of a UC not being available. It is intended conditional logic that you would not see if UC was in stock for the type of wood selected rather than a bug.

SeaGroomer said:
stratamania said:
ChronoTrigger77 said:
SeaGroomer said:

Unique Choice wasn't added until yesterday. Had to do a final physical audit before manually adding them all to the new site and then renumbering them physically in multiple buildings. :)

Wolff05 said:
SeaGroomer said:
stratamania said:
ChronoTrigger77 said:
SeaGroomer said:

Unique Choice wasn't added until yesterday. Had to do a final physical audit before manually adding them all to the new site and then renumbering them physically in multiple buildings. :)

Sweet.  These are now showing up.  They look fantastic and are much easier to browse through during configuration than on the past site.  Nice work and much appreciated!

This backside pic posted on the Soloist build page looks weird. What it points to as an optional heel contour — I’ve never seen a Warmoth Soloist with a cutaway like that. EDIT: sorry I’m wrong.
features-soloist.jpg

TheOtherEric said:
This backside pic posted on the Soloist build page looks weird. What it points to as an optional heel contour doesn’t exist AFAIK. I’ve never seen a Warmoth Soloist with a cutaway like that.

Yeah, I think the "Heel Contour" option should point more to the center of the heel itself and the "Deep cutaways" should point to where the Heel Countour points now (as well as to where it currently points, with 2 lines).

ChronoTrigger77 said:
TheOtherEric said:
This backside pic posted on the Soloist build page looks weird. What it points to as an optional heel contour doesn’t exist AFAIK. I’ve never seen a Warmoth Soloist with a cutaway like that.

Yeah, I think the "Heel Contour" option should point more to the center of the heel itself and the "Deep cutaways" should point to where the Heel Countour points now (as well as to where it currently points, with 2 lines).

Here's the back of a stock Soloist which looks about the same to me. The extra relief at the back of the lower horn is effectively part of the contoured heel. I don't think I've seen a stock Soloist body without it.

slp-523b.jpg

Fat Pete said:
ChronoTrigger77 said:
TheOtherEric said:

Here's the back of a stock Soloist which looks about the same to me. The extra relief at the back of the lower horn is effectively part of the contoured heel. I don't think I've seen a stock Soloist body without it.
Interesting; looks like Warmoth added that relief area on Soloists' lower horn in the last few years but never updated the builder until now.  Here's a screenshot of the guitar I recently ordered -- the builder shows no relief area on the lower horn, but I think they're doing them.  Here's a link to a 2016 Soloist that does NOT have the relief area. https://reverb.com/item/40014975-warmoth-soloist-6-string-electric-guitar-2016-diy-blue-free-shipping

Regardless, the arrow in their current pic is pointing to the wrong thing; the optional contour should be pointing to the neck heel area.

Attachments

• My Soloist-HH-TigersEye- back.jpg
    My Soloist-HH-TigersEye- back.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 110
@TheOtherEric The soloist you posted a link to does not have a contoured heel. Contoured heels have and have had that recess behind the lower horn. Also on other models such as Strats and Teles with contoured heels have a scoop behind the lower horn.

https://warmoth.com/guitar-body-contours

bro, the body in your reverb link doesn't have the heel contour, tho. i think that extra scoopage only happens if u order the contour option. Big W would have to confirm. my only recent experience with scoopage is at Cold Stone. I'm talkin' Creamery, my dawgs!

i asked one of the employees about calories and he said "you don't look like you care about that" and then leaned over the glass and poked my tummy. everybody in the Creamery laughed, so maybe he had a point. he also sneezed in my 'scream (short for iced cream) and said "those sprinkles are for your immune system". it's nice that they care.

edit: i got beat by the maniac for strats by mere seconds, lol

the "old" set have a Spotlight page of new and high light page of showcase them , that I always go to checking is any new showcase item .

http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/ClassicShowcase.aspx?Body=2&Spotlight=1&Path=Spotlight

also screaming deals page checking is any good deals ?

that the most "fun page" to visit.  :turtle: now it gone  :dontknow:

the "new page " need to go every model to click into, and a lot of them finds there is no items there , feel very stupid and waste time  :sad1:

Thanks guys for setting me straight on the carve on the lower horn with the contoured option. I don’t recall ever seeing that on their site until now. Very cool.

Warmoth 7/8 Tele Style Body Builder.

Hardtail bridge selection lists Gotoh 12 string as an option under hardtail bridges but Warmoth 12 string neck options are 25.5" scale and will not intonate on the 7/8 body.

It seems to me that the most prevalent and probably one of the most serious bugs overall that I have observed are related to the conditional logic in the builders not showing the correct choices.

Some issues with the new captcha system too  :icon_biggrin:
index.php

Attachments

• captcha.png
    captcha.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 223
swarfrat said:
Some issues with the new captcha system too  :icon_biggrin:
index.php

Isn't that from this forum which is a separate entity. A standard electric bass has 4 strings but I guess you know that. And I think they aren't looking for 4ths tuning to complete the sequence...but I guess you know that too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back