New Jazzmaster Body

JaySwear

So the good news is the body is here! And it's lightweight and looks great.

The bad news is that there's a dent in the body on the side that's about a quarter of an inch around  :-\  I'll be emailing Warmoth very shortly.

8456790962_f3ea63f1a6_z.jpg

8456790850_385032512a_z.jpg

8455692769_ed26fba076_z.jpg

8455692411_62db1d2d7c_z.jpg

The box it came in was in great shape, and it was a showcase piece without any indication that it might have a fault. I'll see what Warmoth says about it.

And the reason I bought the body :icon_biggrin: As I said in the GAS thread, people have bought bodies over just having extra ferrules! Mine isn't that bad. I don't think. But I was saving for an engagement ring for my girlfriend (at the time) and when she broke up with me I decided I might as well get something else pretty then, right?! Here it is! :laughing11:

PS: That neck is from my Telecaster Deluxe. Still undecided on the neck, but I like the maple look!

Nice!

Lotta original JMs had Maple necks, so it looks natural to me. Of course, very few JMs of any vintage have finishes like that, so...

Warmoth offered $50 off, so I'm happy! Keeping the body and hopefully will have pickups within a couple months

JaySwear said:
Warmoth offered $50 off, so I'm happy! Keeping the body and hopefully will have pickups within a couple months

warmoth's customer service is top notch in by book. Ups screwed my body up as well and warmoth repaid me a bit on it as well. To me that is TOP NOTCH.  :headbang1:

JaySwear said:
But I was saving for an engagement ring for my girlfriend (at the time) and when she broke up with me I decided I might as well get something else pretty then, right?! Here it is!

Sorry to hear that man, that's a bummer.  Find a girl who would accept the guitar instead of a ring as a symbol of your engagement and you've got yourself a winner. 

At least you got a wicked Jazzmaster!  That's gonna be rad. 

Looks nice  :icon_thumright:

That maple neck is perfect for it.

Bummer ... :icon_scratch: ..... the ex didn't get to it before you got it, did she ? 

Well, it HAD to have a ding, didn't it?  Otherwise, it would have been perfect, and the gods would have been offended, and then losing the love of your life would have been the least of your worries.

Um.. sorry.  :evil4:

If the ding becomes too much to bear, I'm willing to make the sacrifice and let you send it to me, forever.  :icon_jokercolor:

mullyman said:
That body looks like the JazzMaster twin to my Strat.
MULLY

Thats what I said! Haha, from the GAS thread a while back:

JaySwear said:
Mully! Buy this thing already so I won't have to... I'm seriously thinking about it.

jmp248a.jpg
jmp248d.jpg

Anyway, I am pretty bummed about the girl. But she's gone so I might as well have something, right? I'm really excited to finally get started on this project. Just when I thought I was starting to save towards parts I went and put an acoustic on layaway :doh: I'll get there though!

Back