New greenburst Tele body

rogerzilla

The neck came a few weeks ago - just plopped a few parts on for the photo.  It all lines up beautifully, and the neck is almost an interference fit in the pocket.  I wondered about a white scratchplate, but black sets off the fretboard better, I think.

guitar1.jpg

guitar2.jpg

Body: Warmoth Tele, standard routing, alder with flame maple top, greenburst
Neck: Warmoth Vintage Modern, maple with ebony fretboard, 22 stainless steel frets (small vintage size), headstock truss rod adjustment

and in a big box upstairs, some of which are on the photo:

Pickups: Seymour Duncan Vintage Stack mini-humbuckers
Tuners: Gotoh replica Klusons
Scratchplate: Allparts 11 hole black/white/black
Control plate: Allparts
Pots: CTS 500k audio taper
Knobs: mystery push-fit replica domed Tele knobs
Switch: Fender 3-way
Cap: Vitamin Q oiled paper 0.022 microfarad
Bridge: Wilkinson compensated vintage Tele bridge
Jackplate: Electrosocket
Ferrules: Fender AM Series
Strap buttons: Fender AM Series
Neck plate: Fender "F" plate
Strings: Ernie Ball .010

I now have to apply a decal to the headstock, lacquer over it and then build it all up very, very carefully.  I've been collecting bits for months, and have sent back one neck and two bodies (not Warmoth - UK sourced!) because they were off-spec in some way.  This stuff is perfect.

That green burst might be my favorite "burst" I've ever seen. That guitar is going to look great. :)

Green guitars usually don't look good to me. But I really dig that, so sharp and clean. The flame pops out, makes a nice black-green-white thing.  :hello2:

love it :) I like the flame maple top, you can see the body's grain figure through I think  :kewlpics: Without the pickguard it would look even better  :)

Nice one! +1 to multifruit, try it without the pickguard for a while before you drill pickguard holes. It's already non-traditional.

I agree with nathan and tfarny here.  Also, I'm not much of a tele guy, but that is one bitchin' tele!

It's coming together - decal applied and lacquered over (I managed to match the satin finish on the rest of the neck using 600 grade wet and dry, and a bit of buffing with a cloth), Klusons and string tree fitted, neck bolted to body, strap buttons fixed.  I might get it strung today, you never know...

Back