New David Gilmour DVD

jackthehack

Epic Member
Go grab your copy - "Remember That Night", live DVD of new album, many "classic" tunes, but not everything you might expect, 2 DVDs lots of "inside stuff" if you pay attention:

1.) To recreate that picking technique like on the intro to "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", neck PU, amp crankage and just use the TIP of your finger, no nails.
2.) First time I've ever seen him actually play a Strat with EMGs (red Strat on a couple of songs)
3.) He's been reading CB's posts, but instead of a BFT he can afford to get a '57/'58 Gold Top Les Paul w/Bigsby for P90 tone...

Currently world's greatest entertainment bargain at just short US$20, hours and hours of good stuff

Very good stuff indeed,
Steve Vai also has his new DVD out, it's him with the Holland Metropole Orchestra. It's also very good and less money than a CD. 13.99 @ Best Buy.

Saw the said LP Goldtop on a recent concert on English TV, Dave Gilmour Live at the Albert Hall.

Its a beast of a thing. 

Jack, funny you start a David Gilmore thread today, last night i did a search on his signal chain.  he uses more effects than anyone i've heard of

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jroscoe/david_gilmour.html

I'd love to replicate or come close to his sound, I don't yet know what it would take, as his effects board is custom build for him.

there's gotta be a way to get close or at least in the ballpark using 4-5 stomp boxes, I'm gonna keep looking

That must be one hell of a piece of kit. He uses a lot of effects but he uses them in a rather subtle way, everything still sounds bluesy and natural. Hes incredible. 

He's got so much stuff he probably has a separate effects tech:

http://www.mikesguitarsite.co.uk/gear/pink_floyd/index.php?page=effects

I bought and just finnished watching " remember that night"  Thanks Jack, awesome DVD

I dont think he ever uses all those effests at once, he has multiples of the same effect setup for different songs I'm sure

He's definately not a shredder or fast player, but he has that certain something in his picking that is unique to him, the guy is awesome

Pete Cornish is his effects guru, since about 1971 I think

Carl Martin effects are largely based on the Gilmour sound as he is a major influence to Niels, one of their builders over there...I think I spelt that right.          a good buy if your looking to capture the Floyd/Gilmour sound without having to fork out 2000 or more for a used Cornish pedal.....

Superbeast520 said:
Carl Martin effects are largely based on the Gilmour sound as he is a major influence to Niels, one of their builders over there...I think I spelt that right.          a good buy if your looking to capture the Floyd/Gilmour sound without having to fork out 2000 or more for a used Cornish pedal.....

Yeah, that's back here in good old Denmark - which for your info is not the capital of IKEA  :blob7:

Be sure to check out www.gilmourish.com for tons of info on his signal chain and what he's done on various projects.

-Eric.

Wyliee said:
Be sure to check out www.gilmourish.com for tons of info on his signal chain and what he's done on various projects.

-Eric.

I was just going to mention Gilmourish.com, its just great.
I was on one of the shows on that tour. I saw him in Glasgow 3 days before the Royal Albert Hall show. Best night of my life! :toothy10:

Back