Need help! Can't decide on a Headstock shape for my Soloist

Axl12

Hi guys.
I have a soloist carved top on order see attached picture as example.
Next I'm ordering a Neck to match.
Confirmed choice is roasted maple on roasted maple fret board and blacking binding and glow marker
But I can decide on the Head stock shape???
Advice please

Attachments

• warmothsoloist.jpg
    warmothsoloist.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 429
Nothing beats an Arcade headstock with a Soloist body! Either that or a Warhead headstock fits.

Warhead. Hands down. The Soloist is a modern version of a Strat body, so you want an inline 6 headstock, but not so over-the-top modern as any of the pointy '80s era designs that so enthralled the spandex-wearing teenage fright wigs of the time.

No, no, no, not Arcade. The eighties is over!
I really like the Warmoth headstock.

Take a look at Kiesel guitars at all the "strat"-type bodies with 6-inline headstock and then compare the same type of bodies with the 3+3 headstocks. The 3+3 looks awesome in my opinion. YMMV of course.

131667b.jpg
vs
136384b.jpg

Warhead. That's the shape you're after!  :icon_thumright:

Not that I'm biased or anything...  :laughing7:

Thanks thus far, I'd say it's between the warhead and the warmoth headstock now. That Carvin picture really helped me visualize. I like the newer Jackson 3+3 headstock but that would require me to order a paddle headstock which to me is intimidating to shape.

I agree with Cagey's point - in that inline 6 looks way better and modern, than more traditional 3 aside configurations when pairing the styling aesthetic on a Strat / super Strat body.

Although I have a Warmoth Strat, not a Soloist, hopefully this photo gives you an idea of the overall compliment with a Warhead and how they look 'right' together:

warmoth-strat-front-full.jpg

Warhead.

Straighter string pull for the win.

Do it as a reverse, and you have your tuners on the bottom where your hand already is for quicker tuning access.

I went with the Warhead but reversed.  Now for the wait. I will be sure to post pictures as parts arrive.

Attachments

• IMG_0004.PNG
    IMG_0004.PNG
    304.8 KB · Views: 355
That neck does sound nice. "Moon Glow Night Swan", with Black Binding, and a Reverse Warhead headstock, you'll not find that in a Crackerjack box!

:icon_thumright:

Update
received the neck today and put a coat of Tru oil on the headstock.
Thanks for the advice again Warmoth chums

Update number 2
now have the Soloist body

Cagey said:
Warhead. Hands down. The Soloist is a modern version of a Strat body, so you want an inline 6 headstock, but not so over-the-top modern as any of the pointy '80s era designs that so enthralled the spandex-wearing teenage fright wigs of the time.

Wow. You say that like it's a bad thing.

I'm 49 years old, and still make a significant part of my living in spandex.  :headbanging: :guitarplayer2: :headbang4:

14939569_1185952008139000_6322205176641365162_o.jpg

double A said:
I'm 49 years old, and still make a significant part of my living in spandex.  :headbanging: :guitarplayer2: :headbang4:

I suppose somebody's gotta do it  :laughing7:

Back