My Spalted Maple Telecaster Build

PumpinIron said:
Oh, I know you can get bacon anything, including bacon flavored vodka, I'm well aware of that one  :laughing7:

We'll see how the flamed maple neck works with this body. Worse comes to worse, I can order a more plain neck for it without hassle. I totally get what you're saying about the plaid pants and the striped shirt, and this may end up being that situation. However, it may also be quite stunning, but unfortunately my Photoshop skills aren't going to be able to tell us. Once I get it all together and take some actual photos, that's going to be the deciding factor.

Very cool about the roasting process. I had a feeling it had something to do with cooking it or exposing it to flames. It's a really beautiful touch, to an already beautiful wood.

Now I'm anxious to get the neck, so that I can smell the box once I open it up. I love the smell of fresh wood and freshly finished guitars!

Attachments

• Homer.jpg
    Homer.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 3
Hendrix said:
I have waxed a rosewood neck, just to made it not easy to get dirty, can roasted Maple be waxed?

Yes. But, I don't know that you'd want to. I wouldn't. It's liable to pick up dirt and discolor faster than if you'd left it alone, and certainly faster than if you burnish it. Of course, it will eventually be obvious it's been used, but you can always just take a piece of 1200 grit after it and restore it to "new" condition. Paper that fine doesn't really remove much wood to speak of, so it'd probably be about 100 years before you'd notice any change in profile or thickness.

Back