My Orange Soloist

SeanM

Hey Guys, just finished my latest project so here it is.

Poplar Soloist
H/S/H
Recessed Wilkinson
"Real" Orange Finish with single black stripe

Reversed Jackson Style Neck
Vintage Modern construction
Maple/Maple
Stainless Frets
Satin Clear nitro

Master tone and Volume
Coil Split for middle pickup
Neck: EMG-HZ
Middle: GFS Lil Killer modern output
Bridge: EMG-HZ

Here she is.

moth2.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

I have one on my 'black rose' strat.. judging by the block size, I didn't expect a whole lot from it, but it sounds and works surprisingly good!!

I was going to buy one for my upcoming strat, until I found a new Brand name wilkinson loaded with graphtech string savers for 60$ shipped on ebay.... SCORE! :headbang1:

But I'll probably try one on another build, I have their floyd.

Kyler (JamesL) said:
I was going to buy one for my upcoming strat, until I found a new Brand name wilkinson loaded with graphtech string savers for 60$ shipped on ebay.... SCORE! :headbang1:

Is their FR a good retrofit for both the Pro and the FR II ?

Märkeaux said:
Kyler (JamesL) said:

It fits the route for the most part, but it needs a little modifying in the section I circled here...

Attachments

• floyd.png
    floyd.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 507
Kyler (JamesL) said:
Märkeaux said:
Kyler (JamesL) said:

It fits the route for the most part, but it needs a little modifying in the section I circled here...

brilliant!! I will give it a try!

AGWANANA-RAMA said:
Totally off topic. but I'm told that Iceman guitars are awkward to play sitting.

I assume that crossed your mind because of the iceman in the background? So far I have not had an issue playing sitting down, it feels ok resting on the right leg, but it seems to fit best in the "classical" position (as i know that is) resting on my left leg with my right supporting the ass end.

The soloist on the other hand feels exactly like a strat. No surprise there.

SeanM said:
AGWANANA-RAMA said:
Totally off topic. but I'm told that Iceman guitars are awkward to play sitting.

I assume that crossed your mind because of the iceman in the background? So far I have not had an issue playing sitting down, it feels ok resting on the right leg, but it seems to fit best in the "classical" position (as i know that is) resting on my left leg with my right supporting the ass end.

The soloist on the other hand feels exactly like a strat. No surprise there.

My Iceman is very comfortable to sit and play. Never had an issue with it.

Back