My new Tele

blue313

Here she is!!  Final setup is almost done, but its close enough for some pics.  :icon_biggrin:

Warmoth Swamp ash Tele body in transparent butterscotch blonde
Warmoth all Canary neck with 1-5/8" Graphtech nut and SS6105 frets
Fender Custom Shop '51 Nocaster pickups
Callaham Vintage-T bridge with brass compensated saddles
Callaham Broadcaster dome heavy knurled knobs
Callaham stainless steel traditional string ferrules
Black fiberboard Bakelite lacquered 1-ply 5-hole pickguard
CTS 250k Pots, Switchcraft 4-way switch, .047 mfd orange drop cap
Switchcraft Input jack, Electrosocket jack plate
Planet Waves tuners
Schaller Straplocks

Dan, there needs to be a drool icon.  That is gorgeous.  I'm not much of a tele guy, but that is great.  Love the canary with the black dots against the butterscotch blonde.  How does it sound?

Nocaster pups and 5 hole p/g . . . does'nt get cooler than that !

where did you get the bakelite idea ? NOS ?

Dunno about you but I a LOVING the canary on my Tele build.... Looks great by the way!

******Warmoth Swamp ash Tele body in transparent butterscotch blonde
Warmoth all Canary neck with 1-5/8" Graphtech nut and SS6105 frets
Fender Custom Shop '51 Nocaster pickups
Callaham Vintage-T bridge with brass compensated saddles
Callaham Broadcaster dome heavy knurled knobs
Callaham stainless steel traditional string ferrules
Black fiberboard Bakelite lacquered 1-ply 5-hole pickguard
CTS 250k Pots, Switchcraft 4-way switch, .047 mfd orange drop cap
Switchcraft Input jack, Electrosocket jack plate
Planet Waves tuners
Schaller Straplocks********

Fix the cigarette lighter. :laughing7:

Brian

Thanks for the kind words guys!   :icon_biggrin:

I'm falling in love with raw canary, it's satin smooth and instantly comfortable!  

It's almost dead on for what I was aiming for tonewise. A slightly warmer and fuller tone than sparkling classic tele. One good step past "no icepick" but still on the bright and twangy end of the spectrum.  The only effects I've used are the EQ and vibrato on my '65 DRRI....she's plugged directly in.   And good lord....the sustain!  

I finally settled on the barrel.  The black square body of the roller one looked bad all by its lonesome up there against the raw wood, and the vintage looked out of place next to the modern tuners and nut.  The barrel is more subtle.

kreig said:
where did you get the bakelite idea ? NOS ?

I always liked the look of them, and when I went to order a bridge from Bill Callaham I saw some on his site and couldn't resist.  After all, its a butterscotch tele so it was perfect.

I really like the nod to modern functionality with the use of the PW tuners.

A very nice pro level instrument. 

Wow Blue, damn how did I miss this...Love the canary neck, fretboard looks very similar to the board I bought for one of my next projects... :headbang1:

No worries man, I think I was in the middle of the late summer pic fest we had on here.  :laughing7:

My Gibson hasn't seen the light of day in months.  I still love this thing, but I may change pickups....(or build different Tele and steal this sweet neck for it, haven't decided)  She sings and cries, but I wish there was a juuuust little more growl.

Wow this one slipped past me too! Gorgeous tele, did you do the finish yourself or W? I'm thinking of 'upgrading' my thinline with one of those callaham bridges, is it as nice as their rep? I would have probably gone corian or bone nut and at least somewhat vintagey tuners on it, but that's nitpicking. Nice work.

Blue313 said:
No worries man, I think I was in the middle of the late summer pic fest we had on here.  :laughing7:

My Gibson hasn't seen the light of day in months.  I still love this thing, but I may change pickups....(or build different Tele and steal this sweet neck for it, haven't decided)  She sings and cries, but I wish there was a juuuust little more growl.
Altho it's a beauty of a tele, honestly that neck belongs on another body, with some hum's..... :icon_biggrin:

Lol, I know.  The whole Fatback subject came up on the tuxedo tele thread and got me thinking.....

Its Warmoth's finish, I wish I could take credit for it.  Condos aren't great for finish work, but power tools at 1PM are relatively cool once in awhile.

Edit: I like the Callaham bridge.  Very comfortable, nice tone,  and intonates relatively well all things considered.

That neck would look killer on this, but have it routed for a hum at the bridge. And put a Wilky or a Floyd on it..... :icon_biggrin:
PT1063A.jpg

Great looking guitar  :headbang1:

How are the pickups working out?

I am building similar, swamp ash on swamp ash, canary neck and ebony fingerboard, nocasters, sperzel tuners, callaham hardware.

Back