My first build, Green Swamp Ash Tele

Weight doesnt really even matter to me, as I almost never play standing up. So I dont even take it into consideration.

I usually play standing up, and usually dont mind a heavy guitar, but this thing was way too heavy.

here are some pics of the dry body with the neck.

Nice, that top is pretty sweet. I like how it goes from a wild maple to quilted....... :icon_thumright:

Thanks for all the nice comments.

at first I wasn't sure if i was going to like the way the maple went from wild to quilt.
but I knew I had the option to put a hybrid pickguard on it if i didn't like the wild maple after i got it finished.

For the electronics. the control plate will have
1) LP Style 3 way switch
2) on-off-on three way gold mini-toggle for p-rail pickup selection
3) concentric volume knobs (500k for p-rail, 250k for bridge pickup)
4) tone control

I am using the a modders' blank tele control plate from guitarfetish.com, but when it was on the old body and cleaned it with rubbing alcohol and the gold finish started to come off, it seems that on cheap hardware, the finish will rub off if cleaned with alcohol. Does anyone know where to get a higher-quality blank gold tele control plate.

I love the idea of the LP toggle.  On the mini toggle, why not make it an on-on switch?  Is the "off" position in the on-off-on going to double as a kill switch (or the LP switch if the mini toggle is in that postion)?

the sub-mini off position sets the p-rail mode, not mute the entire output....its the wiring on the prail to switch from p-90/rail/humbucker modes.
its following the wiring diagram on the seymour duncan site; http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=prails_wiring

Here is my wiring setup I am going to use:
p-rail > mini-toggle on-off-on > 500k volume pot > 3 way LP toggle
                              bridge > 250k volume pot> 3 way LP toggle

from the out of the 3 way LP toggle it goes to the tone pot, then to output.

Nevermind.  I just looked at the diagram.  With the white and red together the signal has to begin and end with the black and green when in the middle position, making it a humbucker.  The wording with "off" is what threw me.

Back