My Charvel Tribute

DocNrock

Senior member
Messages
4,295
I've always loved Charvel guitars.  I've also always loved white guitars.  That said, I had so many pieces/parts, to include a maple neck, that I decided to make one out of my spare parts (a "Sparepartsocaster" according to Jack).  All that I needed was the body.  The body arrived today.  All that is left to be done is the electronics.  Here is what it looks like so far.

shead.jpg


sbody.jpg


needelect.jpg



:cool01:
 

dbw

Senior member
Messages
4,531
Cool axe.  I'm very curious to know how you like that bridge!

Gotta say when I think Charvel, I think bridge HB only, 1 volume knob only, and a Floyd Rose.  I think yours is cooler! :)
 

DocNrock

Senior member
Messages
4,295
dbw said:
Cool axe.  I'm very curious to know how you like that bridge!

Gotta say when I think Charvel, I think bridge HB only, 1 volume knob only, and a Floyd Rose.  I think yours is cooler! :)

Consider mine the "Rhythm" Charvel tribute.  :icon_biggrin:
 

DocNrock

Senior member
Messages
4,295
DangerousR6 said:
Sweet, the white with the maple board looks tits... :icon_thumright:

Thanks, Doug...When I finish the build, I will also show the custom neck plate.  :icon_thumright:
 

DangerousR6

Senior member
Messages
15,464
DocNrock said:
dbw said:
Cool axe.  I'm very curious to know how you like that bridge!

Gotta say when I think Charvel, I think bridge HB only, 1 volume knob only, and a Floyd Rose.  I think yours is cooler! :)

Consider mine the "Rhythm" Charvel tribute.  :icon_biggrin:
You could call it "Rhythmean"...... :icon_biggrin:
 

eiopago

Active member
Messages
86
sorry of i say this, but to be a "real" charvel tribute the finger board should have been square not round.

i`m a perfectionist...

 

NeilStryker

Senior member
Messages
266
eiopago said:
sorry of i say this, but to be a "real" charvel tribute the finger board should have been square not round.

i`m a perfectionist...

Well then it probably shouldn't say "warmoth" on the headstock either or have a strat head...    i think it rocks.  very clean.
 

DocNrock

Senior member
Messages
4,295
Neil Stryker said:
eiopago said:
sorry of i say this, but to be a "real" charvel tribute the finger board should have been square not round.

i`m a perfectionist...

Well then it probably shouldn't say "warmoth" on the headstock either or have a strat head...    i think it rocks.   very clean.

True, it is a Warmoth, not a Charvel.  That said, I was going for the overall vibe, not an absolute copy.  Also, many of the Charvels had strat heads.  The new ones do, as well.

to Neil and NonsenseTele:  :icon_thumright:
 

DangerousR6

Senior member
Messages
15,464
DocNrock said:
Neil Stryker said:
eiopago said:
sorry of i say this, but to be a "real" charvel tribute the finger board should have been square not round.

i`m a perfectionist...

Well then it probably shouldn't say "warmoth" on the headstock either or have a strat head...    i think it rocks.  very clean.
True, it is a Warmoth, not a Charvel.  That said, I was going for the overall vibe, not an absolute copy.  Also, many of the Charvels had strat heads.  The new ones do, as well.

to Neil and NonsenseTele:  :icon_thumright:
Doc is absolutely right, the "original" Charvels that were produced in San Dimas were all strat heads. it wasn't until Wayne Charvel teamed up with Grover Jackson that the pointy headstock emerged...
 
Top