My Charvel Tribute

DocNrock

Master Member
I've always loved Charvel guitars.  I've also always loved white guitars.  That said, I had so many pieces/parts, to include a maple neck, that I decided to make one out of my spare parts (a "Sparepartsocaster" according to Jack).  All that I needed was the body.  The body arrived today.  All that is left to be done is the electronics.  Here is what it looks like so far.

shead.jpg

sbody.jpg

needelect.jpg

:cool01:

Cool axe.  I'm very curious to know how you like that bridge!

Gotta say when I think Charvel, I think bridge HB only, 1 volume knob only, and a Floyd Rose.  I think yours is cooler! :)

dbw said:

Gotta say when I think Charvel, I think bridge HB only, 1 volume knob only, and a Floyd Rose.  I think yours is cooler! :)

Consider mine the "Rhythm" Charvel tribute.  :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
Sweet, the white with the maple board looks tits... :icon_thumright:

Thanks, Doug...When I finish the build, I will also show the custom neck plate.  :icon_thumright:

DocNrock said:
dbw said:

Consider mine the "Rhythm" Charvel tribute.  :icon_biggrin:
You could call it "Rhythmean"...... :icon_biggrin:

sorry of i say this, but to be a "real" charvel tribute the finger board should have been square not round.

i`m a perfectionist...

eiopago said:
sorry of i say this, but to be a "real" charvel tribute the finger board should have been square not round.

i`m a perfectionist...

Well then it probably shouldn't say "warmoth" on the headstock either or have a strat head...    i think it rocks.  very clean.

Neil Stryker said:
eiopago said:

i`m a perfectionist...

Well then it probably shouldn't say "warmoth" on the headstock either or have a strat head...    i think it rocks.   very clean.

True, it is a Warmoth, not a Charvel.  That said, I was going for the overall vibe, not an absolute copy.  Also, many of the Charvels had strat heads.  The new ones do, as well.

to Neil and NonsenseTele:  :icon_thumright:

DocNrock said:
Neil Stryker said:
eiopago said:

i`m a perfectionist...

Well then it probably shouldn't say "warmoth" on the headstock either or have a strat head...    i think it rocks.  very clean.
True, it is a Warmoth, not a Charvel.  That said, I was going for the overall vibe, not an absolute copy.  Also, many of the Charvels had strat heads.  The new ones do, as well.

to Neil and NonsenseTele:  :icon_thumright:
Doc is absolutely right, the "original" Charvels that were produced in San Dimas were all strat heads. it wasn't until Wayne Charvel teamed up with Grover Jackson that the pointy headstock emerged...

Back