Momma said I can go out and play again!

Graffiti62

After too much time away, and too much money being put towards bills, my wife told me that I can start playing around with my hobby again!  I've been absent from here for too long just due to the fact that it hurt too much not having the dough to do much of anything. But, all of that changed tonight!  Some bills were paid with my tax return, and she picked out her toy, so she told me I could get mine:

Gn03B3P.jpg

v1RIGG4.jpg

iuXgABK.jpg

TKXv0A3.jpg

Found the body on the site under the deals category, and I also ordered the pickguard while I was at it as well. Can't buy it all at once, but this was too good to pass up. Over the next few months, I'll be able to get everything else. Here are my specs:

Ash body w/maple top
maple neck
rosewood board
6105 frets
right hand reverse orientation (ordered the pick guard angle reverse as well--I want this one to be a little different from everyone else's Strat)
Schaller tuners
DiMarzio Area 61 pups (all three spots)
Fender 6-screw bridge
master volume & tone, 5-spot switch
going to put a chrome on/off switch in the "tone 2" spot that will throw the neck pickup on no matter where the 5-spot sits. This gives me the two extra pickup combos the Strat can't give in stock configuration.

Still have to decide how I want to do the back contour, but I have a month or so to think that one out.

Congratulations, brother, and welcome back to the fellowship of addicts.  Nice choices all around.

Bagman

Everytime you think you're out.... they find a way to SUCK you right back in!!!

Welcome back btw. Looks like you've got a great start. I've always had a thing for sunburst Strats and that one is really a killer.

I would have passed it up had it not been for this thing being on sale!  The body retailed for $500-$550, I wound up getting it for $305. Always wanted to do ash, but I was a little unsure about if I wanted to go chambered, and even if I wanted to do anything as ornate as a lam top. But I looked at it and went, "oh jeez, is that ever just nice!"  My wife had bought herself a new cell phone, and some fancy make-up, we caught up on a lot of bills, and had some dough left over. Thought to myself that I will simply ask, and see what she says. She said it was only fair that I buy something around the same price, so I picked up this and the pickguard. Next month, or the month after, will be the neck, followed by the pickups and the Schallers. The cheaper stuff I'll grab as I go along.

Let me recommend Canary/Ebony for your neck. The colors will match that body perfectly and with chrome all around it'll be a real killer.

Back