Mods please delete for I have made a mistake with this one. I am a sinner!

S

Spud

I would say Metallica. Hilariously bad vocals, Sub par (for.a contemporary metal band) lead guitar. I am surprised they are so popular.

What is yours?

Wow, now that's one controversial statement, Spud - even for your standards haha

Metallica has a drummer that can't stay in rhythm, a singer who might not hit every note all the time and a lead guitarist who lacks the finesse of other shredders.

But..

Metallica is one of the inventors of an entire genre which they mastered like no other band. Their harmonic parts are beautiful and dramatic, their lyrics are dark and deep and their riffing is the most electrifying in all of metal. Moreover, their guitar sound has been iconic, unique and one of the most heavy out there - countless people have been trying to copy it. Just ask any heavy band in the world what their influences are, 9/10 will name Metallica. Also, Hetfield's rhythm guitar playing and downstroking is one of the most precise in the world. Have you ever tried to play Disposable Heroes or Blackened. Try it! Have I mentioned their live performances? They ALWAYS deliver, like no other heavy band in this world. And most importantly, their songwriting... People all over this planet can sing the lyrics, riffs and even solos (Fade to Black....) from their first 5 albums. Millions of kids (including me) have picked up the guitar because of them... Should I go on? I could go on for another 2 hours haha

My opinion: Metallica is exactly where they deserve to be. The biggest metal band in history.

Oh and to your question: Santana.

Last edited:
Wow, now that's one controversial statement, Spud - even for your standards haha

Metallica has a drummer that can't stay in rhythm, a singer who might not hit every note all the time and a lead guitarist who lacks the finesse of other shredders.

But..

Metallica is one of the inventors of an entire genre which they mastered like no other band. Their harmonic parts are beautiful and dramatic, their lyrics are dark and deep and their riffing is the most electrifying in all of metal. Moreover, their guitar sound has been iconic, unique and one of the most heavy out there - countless people have been trying to copy it. Just ask any heavy band in the world what their influences are, 9/10 will name Metallica. Also, Hetfield's rhythm guitar playing and downstroking is one of the most precise in the world. Have you ever tried to play Disposable Heroes or Blackened. Try it! Have I mentioned their live performances? They ALWAYS deliver, like no other heavy band in this world. And most importantly, their songwriting... People all over this planet can sing the lyrics, riffs and even solos (Fade to Black....) from their first 5 albums. Millions of kids (including me) have picked up the guitar because of them... Should I go on? I could go on for another 2 hours haha

My opinion: Metallica is exactly where they deserve to be. The biggest metal band in history.

Oh and to your question: Santana.
Fair enough sir! I will leave it at....."Exit lightaaah, Enter nightaaahhh, take my handaaah it's off to never never landaahhhh! It's ok to disagree:LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Disagreement need not always lead to anger. In fact, too much pandering/insincere glad handing could lead us all to the "The Good Place" :oops:

The Police if anything are underrated. Known as a pop band, but there is a lot more going on. I somehow see this thread not ending well.

Ya, I see that now too. Apologies to all (except to Def Leopard who are the real Spinal Tap)

When they sing about off to neverland, are they referring to Michael Jackson's estate? Cause that would really be scary!!

Back