Cant Buy With PayPal ? what are we still living under a rock.....

jazz88

What the heck I cant use my Paypal account to buy from Warmoth,  Jeesh ...unreal, I have $700 bucks I want to give it to them but they dont use paypal, what is this company still using a filing cabinet or what....?

Paypal dosnt allow you to transfer your money except directly to your bank account, something I will not hook up to paypal for security reasons, so now Im stuck using my $700 I made on E-BAY at another neck and body place, guess I will have to buy from one of these fine vendors that actually do use Paypal:

Musikraft: http://www.musikraft.com/product-list.php?pg1-cid156.html
USA Custom: http://www.usacustomguitars.com/
B.Hefner: http://www.bhefner.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=43
Stew Mac: http://www.stewmac.com/Materials_and_Supplies/Bodies_and_Necks_and_Wood/
Allparts:http: http: http://www.allparts.com/

I also wanted to note, you guys dont have much in stock in the vintage modern strat and tele section, this is particularly important as the last $450 warmoth Pro I bought sounds like vibrating metal wow! thats nice when playing the blues, cant imagine what thats doing for sustain, did the wood tap test on the back and it vibrates and buzzes like a wind chime, yuck, cant have that on a real players tone machine.

please add to the vintage modern section and please quit jacking your prices up on bad grained necks, calling a neck quartersawn when the grain looks like a rocky river of whirlpools is ridiculous, I was very shocked to see how much you guys are trying to get for what looks to be a guaranteed warper or bright white Green wood neck...I love this company but I am seeing some serious weak spots, hope this helps.

p.s. I will try to get my money out of paypal somehow, I really do want to buy from you guys as I have been a loyal Warmoth buyer for many years, but its looking dicey ...you really need to get with the times, paypal is for real and its here to stay so...

When you do business with a middleman like PayPal, someone has to pay for the service. That either means that they lose money, or you pay more money. It's not a good situation either way, so Warmoth doesn't offer PayPal.

I've seen so many people try to avoid using PayPal that it makes me wonder, why do you want to pay that way? PayPal sucks.

As an international customer, paypal is a more economic form of payment for me.

My card supplier charges a % fee to international transactions involving currency exchange....so when i buy from warmoth, i'm being hit by the normal exchange range gap (where the rates are the same as paypal), and then copping an extra 3% charge on top. When the sale is circa $1,000 thats an unneccessary extra charge to have to wear.

All that being said, I think the OP is being a little harsh on warmoth. It's not that hard to get your money out of paypal - your trust issues here seem misplaced.

save it line6man, your a long time Warmoth fanboy, dont want to hear any weak argument in support of an obvious weak point that from any business savvy perspective is bad news in terms of making cash and keeping the wheels turning, go back to posting dribble about how all guitars sound the same and neck and body woods dont matter kind of b.s. Im writing this for the grown ups in hopes of getting things with the modern day program.

jazz88 said:
save it line6man, your a long time Warmoth fanboy, dont want to hear any weak argument in support of an obvious weak point that from any business savvy perspective is bad news in terms of making cash and keeping the wheels turning, go back to posting dribble about how all guitars sound the same and neck and body woods dont matter kind of b.s. Im writing this for the grown ups in hopes of getting things with the modern day program.

Excuse me? There is no need for that kind of rudeness. If this is a discussion for grown ups, then you shouldn't be here, because you are the one that can't handle a civil discussion. If you are going to come here to bash a company for not pandering to your preferred methods of payment, then be prepared to hear opinions and be asked questions.

FWIW, this is an old topic, and it has been addressed before. Search for it.

I'm sorry, I thought he gave a reasonable rationale:  Paypal costs more than other options, so it's not offered.  YOur response is quite overblown considering. 

From a market research standpoint, my guess (and I'm not on the inside, so it's truly a guess) is that whatever research Warmoth has done has led them to the conclusion that the added cost of using Paypal won't increase sales to a degree the cost would justify.  They are capturing the vast majority of sales from would-be-Paypal-users anyway, so why add in that cost? 

This is not to say they won't reconsider their current stance, but I am aware empirically that many merchants (as opposed to occasional sellers) find the aggregate cost of using Paypal too high.  This may also be Warmoth's case. 

Certainly Paypal is the dominant e-wallet technology, but payment processing for repeat players is often a lot cheaper via other means.  "Here to stay" does not necessarily mean "The right tool for the job."  Further, the administrative headache of managing a Paypal relationship can also be a deterrent to adoption.  Your own posts suggest that your problem is really with Paypal, not Warmoth, bud.

TO address the other issue in your posts:
If you are interested in having a discussion about this, I'm game; but if you just want to vent, well, you're in the wrong place for unchallenged Warmoth-bashing.  This is, after all, the forum for Warmoth supporters, users, and enthusiasts.

And if you feel it's appropriate to dump on a long-time member of the forum who generously contributes a great deal of electronics and other expertise in addition to his own opinions, and who  has expressed himself reasonably and appropriately in response to your strident gripe, I would invite you to kindly migrate elsewhere.

Dunning-Kruger,anyone?

blah,blah,blah...yawn.

and real 24 necks with wood under the frets would also be nice, a fret board extension with no wood under it...seriously...who thought that one up, they must have been a carney before coming to work at Warmoth.

hows that one for ya....sorry I only posted on this site in hopes that management would rethink the paypal option, theres only 12 million daily users of paypal, ...oh your right making paypal an option would be bad for the company...lol

Bagman67 said:
Not bad, zero to irrelevant in five posts.

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Mr. Jazz,
You have provided a list of other parts dealers that do take Paypal.  If you are that upset that Warmoth does not use Paypal, why don't you really teach them a lesson and buy from someone else on your list.
I like to use Paypal as well because I can avoid giving my credit card information to everyone.  However, Warmoth does not accept it and I understand that is the cost of doing business with them.
Certainly not a deal breaker for me considering the outstanding quality product they provide.
Mr. Line6man and Bagman have every right to be offended by your rudeness, as I know I certainly am. 
I, like Mr. Bagman suggest, "would invite you to kindly migrate elsewhere."
Peace...

jazz88 said:
hows that one for ya....sorry I only posted on this site in hopes that management would rethink the paypal option, theres only 12 million daily users of paypal, ...oh your right making paypal an option would be bad for the company...lol

And you do realize that this is Unofficial Warmoth, right? There are a couple of moderators here that work for Warmoth, but this place is mostly here for the benefit of DIY'ers and enthusiasts. Take it up with Warmoth directly if you want your voice to be heard.

12 million paypal users a day that translates into serious untapped money for the company.....

24 fret necks with real wood, Warmoth would corner the entire metal market, they would be flying out of that place, every shredder on the planet that wanted to build their own guitar would be buying from Warmoth....that translates into serious untapped cash for the company.....

Instead of trying to navigate around lawsuits from jackson, Gibson, ESP next....they should put their efforts into the the needs and wants of the customer and quit avoiding the obvious...these are all things that would yield huge returns for Warmoth.

tell the truth, you mean to tell me that not one of you guys secretly wished you could dump your $450 bucks on a real wood 24 fret neck...then why dont you see anyone buying those silly extensions....look at the soloist section...nothing there, and for good reason, real metal players arn't going to buy a fricken 24 fret extension that they cant even reach...especially with no wood under the fret board, that translates into (no tone).

If trying to point out weakness in hopes of change is a frowned upon, then so be it complacency is common these days...but to make excuses as to why weakness are ok or justified just because your a fanboy is the real travesty and its misleading to new builders.

ps. Paypal hardly cost more, I actually get discounts for using it...duh...

How cruelly Warmoth mistreats you.  Have you considered complaining to Warmoth and not some forum?

So you mean I can post as long as I post misleading information that promotes buying neck and body woods such as it dosnt matter what wood type you buy you just want a light piece kind of lies, but I cant post real issues that should have been taken seriously and rectified about 15 years ago, in hopes that some things could improve while strengthening the company....

and by the way you dont have to post if you are not liking the topic or conversation, just because you spend 12 hours a day writing on guitar forums dosnt make your opinion any more worthy, I might even add that your opinions have become some what watered down and meaningless, considering all of you here at one time spent countlesss post discussing the differences in wood types and options, yet now say and  tell new posters that wood type dosnt matter and support every option good and "BAD" as if you were getting a dividend check.

I think what everyone's trying to be polite about saying is this:

If you show up and the only posts you make are complaints, and you reject reasonable responses, it's not censorship to call you out for being a lousy participant in the forum, or in other words, an a-hole.  It's just an accurate observation.

What the heck I cant use my Paypal account to buy from Warmoth,  Jeesh ...unreal, I have $700 bucks I want to give it to them but they dont use paypal, what is this company still using a filing cabinet or what....?

Paypal dosnt allow you to transfer your money except directly to your bank account, something I will not hook up to paypal for security reasons, so now Im stuck using my $700 I made on E-BAY at another neck and body place, guess I will have to buy from one of these fine vendors that actually do use Paypal:

Musikraft: http://www.musikraft.com/product-list.php?pg1-cid156.html
USA Custom: http://www.usacustomguitars.com/
B.Hefner: http://www.bhefner.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=43
Stew Mac: http://www.stewmac.com/Materials_and_Supplies/Bodies_and_Necks_and_Wood/
Allparts:http: http: http://www.allparts.com/

I also wanted to note, you guys dont have much in stock in the vintage modern strat and tele section, this is particularly important as the last $450 warmoth Pro I bought sounds like vibrating metal wow! thats nice when playing the blues, cant imagine what thats doing for sustain, did the wood tap test on the back and it vibrates and buzzes like a wind chime, yuck, cant have that on a real players tone machine.

please add to the vintage modern section and please quit jacking your prices up on bad grained necks, calling a neck quartersawn when the grain looks like a rocky river of whirlpools is ridiculous, I was very shocked to see how much you guys are trying to get for what looks to be a guaranteed warper or bright white Green wood neck...I love this company but I am seeing some serious weak spots, hope this helps.

p.s. I will try to get my money out of paypal somehow, I really do want to buy from you guys as I have been a loyal Warmoth buyer for many years, but its looking dicey ...you really need to get with the times, paypal is for real and its here to stay so...

12 million paypal users a day that translates into serious untapped money for the company.....

24 fret necks with real wood, Warmoth would corner the entire metal market, they would be flying out of that place, every shredder on the planet that wanted to build their own guitar would be buying from Warmoth....that translates into serious untapped cash for the company.....

Instead of trying to navigate around lawsuits from jackson, Gibson, ESP next....they should put their efforts into the the needs and wants of the customer and quit avoiding the obvious...these are all things that would yield huge returns for Warmoth.

tell the truth, you mean to tell me that not one of you guys secretly wished you could dump your $450 bucks on a real wood 24 fret neck...then why dont you see anyone buying those silly extensions....look at the soloist section...nothing there, and for good reason, real metal players arn't going to buy a fricken 24 fret extension that they cant even reach...especially with no wood under the fret board, that translates into (no tone).

If trying to point out weakness in hopes of change is a frowned upon, then so be it complacency is common these days...but to make excuses as to why weakness are ok or justified just because your a fanboy is the real travesty and its misleading to new builders.

ps. Paypal hardly cost more, I actually get discounts for using it...duh...

Whine away.  I don't care.  I'm just saying doing so here isn't going to help you.  Talk to Warmoth.  Ask them if you can use paypal.  If they say no then tell them they've lost business.  They get enough of that they'll add the option.

DarkPenguin said:
Whine away.  I don't care.  I'm just saying doing so here isn't going to help you.  Talk to Warmoth.  Ask them if you can use paypal.  If they say no then tell them they've lost business.  They get enough of that they'll add the option.

Bingo.

Back