Micawber arrives!

Mor Paul

Epic Member
W00t
I was about to post about a ugly tremolo...
Then the door bell rang.

Nobody was there...
but two boxes were!

Step 1: Find camera

No pics, though. I know, if I don't have a picture of it, it didn't happen... But take my word on it.

Step 2: Take picture
100_1306.jpg

Step 3: OPEN IT!
100_1307.jpg

100B1320.jpg

100_1332.jpg

But theres more!
100B1370.jpg

Step 4: Make sure everything's there
100_1374.jpg

Step 5: Brag about neck pocket
100_1375.jpg

Looks like everything's taken care of. :D

More progress here:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3935.0

and once again..
w00t.

~fin

PS: Now to start finishing! ( :tard:Wow that's weird)

Nice geetar there Max, should look cool once it's done. Just don't muff up the finish...... :icon_thumright:

Yeah... um... I may have already done that..
On the neck, a bit.

I may need to redo the fender neck amber dye. I'm trying grain filling on the back of the guitar now, so I'll have to wait and see how that comes out.

Since I don't have a proper place to spray the dye on the neck, I tried spraying the back (which came out very nicely), and then messed up on the front.  :-\

Max said:
Yeah... um... I may have already done that..
On the neck, a bit.

I may need to redo the fender neck amber dye. I'm trying grain filling on the back of the guitar now, so I'll have to wait and see how that comes out.

Since I don't have a proper place to spray the dye on the neck, I tried spraying the back (which came out very nicely), and then messed up on the front.  :-\
:doh:

I should be able to just sand it off.

In the meantime, I'll look through the DIY finishing section for hints :p

Max said:
I should be able to just sand it off.

In the meantime, I'll look through the DIY finishing section for hints :p

Good luck, Max.  Nice lookin' axe for Max!  :laughing7:

And so the wordplay with my name began...

again...

Does anybody have any good advice for Fender Neck Amber ReRanch spraying?

that will kicketh much ass.

i was wondering last night. when spraying tinted lacquer (fender neck amber) on an all maple neck with black inlay, do you mask the inlay or just spray over?

I just sprayed over. But I bought a sanding block and fine sandpaper to unspray about 5 minutes ago. :laughing7:
I also bought some superglue to try a trick by CB.

Thanks, Nonsense Tele

So, guys, I'm almost done unspraying (sanding) the amber dye. I'm glad I took these earlier pics, because I was worried I messed up somewhere when the headstock was lighter than the rest of the neck :p But, as the pics show, it is a bit darker.

Now, I just need a telecaster decal...

Hey, ognolman, what kind of wordplay do you get? (and what's your name? :p)

So, I'm going to put all of the updates on my other topic:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3935.0

Max said:
Hey, ognolman, what kind of wordplay do you get? (and what's your name? :p)

Well my first name is John but my mom cursed me by making me go by my middle name, which is Ben.  I get the "Ben Dovers" and the "Where/How ya been, Bens" and "Ben Gay" and "Ben there, done thats" and "Ben Kenobie's" and "Ben Ladens" and the list goes on and on.  I hear at least one from that list weekly and I still chuckle as if I hadn't heard them all at least 3,452 times before.

JBD

My middle name is Benjamin too..
:laughing11:

I don't like it, so my friends obviously joked about it. They've pretty much stopped though.

Back