Vintage/Modern Telecaster build

Gorgeous guitar! Really liking that green!

Makes me think again that I wish Aaron could do a video showing off more of the colors, especially satin finishes, because you are right, so hard to photograph and get a true representation, but his videos really seem to show them off properly. I know, expensive, etc, but one can hope  :toothy10:

Also, I have the same problem with running wire from the bridge cavity to the control cavity, I usually tape it to a thick piece of wire and then feed it through, as the PU wires are so thin. Still, I poke and prod for what seems like an hour or two, then suddenly, it goes through, and I have no idea why, and I freeze, wanting to carefully grab the other end and slowly pull it through  :toothy12:
Then I have an adult beverage to celebrate my incredible accomplishment  :eek:ccasion14:

Now that I think about it, getting that wire through may be the most difficult and frustrating part of my builds  :sad:

Thank you for the kind words :D

Yes, the color videos from Aaron are great and really help!

It makes me feel better about myself that several people seem to have a hard time running the wires, I really thought I had received a bad body at some point. Definitely one of the hardest things in that build for me as well!

Amazing guitar! Great work, it looks awesome.

Question, how did you level your high frets? Did you sand all of them, or just focused on a few single frets? What tools did you use to level them?

Thanks for the insight, and again, amazing guitar.

Cactus Jack said:
Amazing guitar! Great work, it looks awesome.

Question, how did you level your high frets? Did you sand all of them, or just focused on a few single frets? What tools did you use to level them?

Thanks for the insight, and again, amazing guitar.

Thank you, I am glad you like it!

I did sand all of them, using a leveling beam. Any perfectly flat object of the appropriate length will probably do, but I got the Crimson Guitars fretting tools, as I live in Europe the expedition costs were not too high. There are many very clear and detailed videos on their YouTube channel as well detailing the entire process, which helped me quite a bit. I checked my work with a fret rocker regularly and in the end got rid of the last few high spots with a small leveling file.

stratamania said:
I like the Tele, though I must admit I don't quite get what the postmodern title is about.

Yeah I am having second thoughts about it as well. I initially chose it to reflect the "non traditional Fender" choices I made here and there (roasted maple vs plain maple, chambered body in roasted alder vs solid alder, titanium saddles vs brass saddles, compound radius on the modern side vs constant vintage radius, locking tuners vs vintage Kluson, luminlay side dots etc). I was inspired by the actual Postmodern series from Fender http://www.fendercustomshop.com/series/postmodern/ which has a similar "use all the innovations" kind of philosophy (with a different outcome though).

Sorry for the confusion  :-\ Is it possible to rename a topic? If so, I am open to suggestions :D

Yes it is possible to rename your topic or just a reply to it.

I just wondered if it was some philosophical use of the term. The Fender usage for something that has all of the innovations seems possibly at odds with the idea of postmodernism itself.

I do agree, pretty different from the postmodernism movement. I guess the new title is more directly in line with what I had in mind, vintage looks (kinda), modern playability :)

Chuckwood said:
I do agree, pretty different from the postmodernism movement. I guess the new title is more directly in line with what I had in mind, vintage looks (kinda), modern playability :)

I still like it too.  :icon_thumright:

Back