Meet Goldie & Oldie my pair of '53 precision

delberthot

Hi everybody.

Been around here a while but only just registered.

First bass bass is my mahogany body, wenge neck, ebony fretboard gold bass I've named Goldie funnily enough. Finished it just before Christmas last year

Second one is my period correct pre-facelift '57 single coil called Oldie. finished it in August this year.

dsc00629smallne3.jpg

dsc00633smallfy8.jpg

dsc00632smallky6.jpg

dsc00631smallhp4.jpg

dsc00635smallsz0.jpg

dsc01513smallje4.jpg

dsc01518smallwb2.jpg

dsc01516smallym5.jpg

dsc01512smallha7.jpg

dsc01503smalloi4.jpg

I still cannot choose between them. they both sound so different from each other but both sound and play amazing.

I'm contemplating my next build. That daphne blue PJ has got me drooling.

I like the second one a lot! What's with that red bass? It looks like a bass, at least, but it has 12 strings.

silly boy you are Max - have you not heard of Tom Pettersen (sp?) of Cheap Trick fame? he was playing Hamer 12's back in the early 80's last time I saw them

trivia: the Michael Schenker (sp?) Band opened for them on this tour (Schenker's debut solo album, CT's "All Shook Up" tour) ... I was in a very close seat and had to keep pulling my jaw off the floor all evening ... Bun E. Carlos was simply that good!

(OK, kidding - MS was simply astounding, and the accompanying band wasn't too shabby either.)

all the best,

R

I don't know too much about CT, but I've got a few of their records. I'd just never heard of a 12 string bass before.

yes, and the two octave strings are usually tuned to the same pitch

it's a LOT to pluck if you play fingerstyle, but it's relatively easy with a plectrum

all the best,

R

p.s. Max, just ribbin' ya  :icon_jokercolor:

Both my 12vers are long gone now. They just didn't suit my style and the type of music I was playing - unfortunately we don't do any CT or Kings X.

The other one was an Ebay special that was a copy of TPs Waterstone.

I've just replaced the electronics with a Bartolini 2 band prewired harness on the gold one. can't believe that it sounds even better than it did.

Unfortunately the newest one isn't getting much use so I am going to be selling it - preferrably complete. Everything is too perfect a match to separate. The bass sounds phenomenal but doesn't fit in with my wedding band.

I get an almost tubey sound from it through my Gallien Krueger 700RB II and Schroeder 1212L.

these basses look sooo awesome.  I wouldn't ever dream up building anything like that for myself, which makes me think our musical tastes, and our bass playing tastes are much different... but for an "outsider" to that type of bass playing, I'm in lust for your instuments!!! what style do you play?

Back