Meanwhile, at Warmoth...Paypal has arrived.

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
You've been asking for it. We've been listening, and listening, and listening...

Now....you can now pay for your online orders via Paypal.

Welcome to 2005!  :icon_thumright:

*Just having some fun. We had legitimate reasons for avoiding Paypal before now, but we're glad it's finally here. I hope you guys are too!

Just like Dorothy, you've always had the power, you just didn't know it. But, there's no heel clicking involved.

Simply get a Paypal debit card and, voila, buy anywhere a credit card is accepted, and it comes right out of your Paypal balance, if you like. Just sayin'!  :headbang:

Hear that? That was the sound of Cagey's profit being syphoned back to the ultimate source of his income.

BhLLmTBCcAAX79B.jpg

I don't see the good thing in this, because Paypal will take their fee for the purchase, so you will still save money by paying like always before?  :dontknow:

Cederick said:
I don't see the good thing in this, because Paypal will take their fee for the purchase, so you will still save money by paying like always before?  :dontknow:

Paypal may operate differently depending where you are. There's no fee for the buyer here in the UK. That said, for international payments they factor a percentage in to the exchange rate; about 3%, which is more than any of my credit cards charge for foreign transactions. You just don't see it as a separate amount on your statement.

They take goats and chickens? Dang, I gave up a couple of my kids... Must have misinterpreted...

Fat Pete said:
Cederick said:

Paypal may operate differently depending where you are. There's no fee for the buyer here in the UK. That said, for international payments they factor a percentage in to the exchange rate; about 3%, which is more than any of my credit cards charge for foreign transactions. You just don't see it as a separate amount on your statement.
There's no fee for the buyer here in US either, but there is a merchant fee, which is around the same rate most CC's are...Some merchants just tack on the extra fee tho the customer doesn't see it...Not sayin' that's what the W is doing...

What happened to accepting paypal? I had came across this thread with a google search and was about to buy a neck and then realized there was no paypal option.

They only did it for a brief period. No reason given for backing out of it, but I suspect it had to do with cash flow issues. Paypal has their own sense of when what money belongs to who, how much it should cost to move it around, and how fast it'll move. In every case, even consumer banking beats the hell out of their policies and practices, let alone commercial banking. I could see a company like Warmoth getting hurt with all paypal's goofing around.

Paypal works great for buyers. You don't pay a fee although as Doug mentioned many sellers/companies have already included that in their prices. I remember checking the prices of an actual store with ebay being the highest, Reverb being the middle and their site having the lowest price. All three included the Paypal fee so I'm guessing buying face to face you could have an even lower price.

The good thing about Paypal is you can't lose your money. In case of a dispute Paypal 99% will rule in favor of the buyer. Now they have even changed their 45 days waiting period for 3 months if I remember correctly so you have all the time in the world to start a dispute. For a seller though it's not so good. I don't know if a company can make a private agreement with them, I'm guessing big brands can. A friend of mine sold two guitars recently and he had to wait for a week for Paypal to release the money!

I don't understand the enthusiasm though. Most people own credit cards and Warmoth is a trusted company. It's not like they will rip you off the minute they'll see your credit card details.

Back