Memories Of You (Warmoth H-S-H / mahogany body)

wolbai

Hi folks,

it's been while since I posted here. Lot's of good contributions in this forum part  :icon_thumright:
So I am always hesitating to start a new topic ... Anyhow: this is my latest song and I hope you will enjoy it.

Writing and recording a new song completely on your own is a different story than noodling a guitar solo to a backing track.
I always come to the point where I get a bit lost in my own cage. Luckily I had some support of a buddy (a singer) which came up with some tips for the vocals.

My eldest daughter said the song has an 80s Disco-Pop touch. I think she's right. But not sure if this was meant as a compliment  :icon_biggrin:

The title of the song throwed myself back into memories of good old times. I think it's important to keep good memories alive ...

The chorus part came up first. That was an easier birth. But the instrumentation and vocal part of the verse really caused some headache to me :icon_scratch:
For the verse I was looking for a breathing sound carpet where the instruments are easily intertwined. The second verse should have a variation on an increased level - challenging.

I always do my home recordings with my Marshall JVM410 head with a power attenuator (Rivera Rockcrusher). Best sounding amp a lower levels.

The prechorus fill-Ins and the Outro leadpart was recorded with my Warmoth H-S-H guitar with a mahogany body.
I guess I did approx. 20 takes for the Outro leadpart (I am not a fan of cutting too much in a longer guitar part). But I think I finally get it done. What do you think ? 

The Suhr Doug Aldrich humbucker and the Kinman Single Coil pickups can easily go for High gain sounds with a good note separation. This Warmoth H-S-H is my main guitar for years. It covers a lot of tonal ground (the Suhr Doug Aldrich pups a great for coil splitting; I therefore get some nice strat-like sounds on pos. 2 + 4).

Have fun while listening / watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ah7TSkAcO4

Any feedback is welcome  :icon_thumright:

wolbai

Back