Meanwhile, at Warmoth...a new mystery body wood!!

Logrinn said:
When looking at it I feel ... hypnotized ... must have ... this neck ... now ...  :tard:

Warmoth's new marketing guy:

hypnotoad-animated.gif

double A said:
MikeW said:
Hey Aaron? I'm assuming that a Roasted Ash body would NOT need a finish, similar to a Roasted Maple neck. Yes? No?

Honestly, no idea. They haven't given me all the "rules" yet. It's only available for bodies, not for necks, so the finish thing isn't as that critical anyway.

I'm looking forward to hearing "the rules". I've started plotting a Strat with an oil finish, but this would be really cool, especially if it doesn't require a finish. I keep thinking that one of these with a Brazilian Ebony neck would be too cool.

Cagey said:
It's supposed to be "Chechen" wood, which a new one on me. You can read about it here.
Yes, i know of Chechen, Ken Lawrence uses it a lot in his guitars. He has used it in Jamez Hetfields explorers...
79d0faa5e381be17f0adc59d963ae3db.jpg

I confess I went to the site and typed in the VMS number just to see if it is on sale yet :--)

DangerousR6 said:
That's pretty amazing, kind a reminds me of Japanese ash...
tamo.jpg
When are we going to see some bodies made of Japanese Ash? I really like the look of this. A lot.

rgand said:
DangerousR6 said:
That's pretty amazing, kind a reminds me of Japanese ash...
tamo.jpg
When are we going to see some bodies made of Japanese Ash? I really like the look of this. A lot.
That's a good question, I've only seen very few guitar makers use this. One off the top of my head was Raven West guitars. But I think they've stopped using it. I'd like to see some use of it. :icon_biggrin:

monchavo said:
I confess I went to the site and typed in the VMS number just to see if it is on sale yet :--)

Clever.

Just be aware that any of the info, specs, or prices you may find by doing that right now are not necessarily correct.

Back