Meanwhile at Warmoth...a gigantic Finish Chart

aarontunes

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
2,585
Ever wanted to see all the Warmoth finish colors at a glance? Here ya go! This PDF shows every color we offer, over a variety of woods. Download it here: www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Body/Finish/#!/Clear/Clear?mobile=no  Click the link at the top of the page, and prepare to be dazzled!
33098179_10157566250558289_1323574045769203712_n.jpg
 

Logrinn

Senior member
Messages
3,591
Downloaded.

Wow, that looks great. Really great. Got to resist the urge .. to ... buy ... some ... more ...
 

mayfly

Senior member
Messages
8,304
Hol-y crap.

Yea. Burst over black korina.  Silver flake.  Transparent red on mahogany.  Satin Finishes.  100's and 100's of them...


BASTARDS!!!!! 

Bastards all.
 
S

swarfrat

Guest
I was kinda glad to see it - I always wondered about some of the sublter bursts of Korina but... now I see they're all a waste of a tasty whopper. I thought a smiiiiidgen of black/brown around the edges fading to clear pretty quickly but ... nah. It just gets in the way of the true artist's handiwork.
 

rgand

Senior member
Messages
5,934
That's a great resource. Thanks for that. I downloaded mine. :icon_thumright:
 

amigarobbo

Senior member
Messages
945
Top grumble material!

Looks like a lot of work went into that, blimey some of those transparent finished on Ash look nice,  :turtle:

Why are the gloss and satin flake finishes look like different colo(u)rs?
 

aarontunes

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
2,585
amigarobbo said:
Top grumble material!

Looks like a lot of work went into that, blimey some of those transparent finished on Ash look nice,  :turtle:

Why are the gloss and satin flake finishes look like different colo(u)rs?

Yes, those are quite different, aren't they? The lack of sparkle changes the we way perceive the color in a big way.

Not to mention flakes are hard to represent in photography, satin flakes even more so.
 

raystankewitz

Active member
Messages
73
Hmm, one finish missing. Where's the vintage tint over white korina?

I know you gotta have some white korina in the shop somewhere. Enough for, say a Nomad body and neck, maybe?

And my wife would use it to brain me, too. Always wanted a white korina Explorer shaped git but no orders until I get settled into my new home in Indiana.
 

Hendrix

Senior member
Messages
709
great work for visual comparisons  :turtle:

hope add Roasted Alder / ASH. next.

also, can you add finish filter like all flake finishes on web site?  as there so many flake finishes don't have some colors on showcase.
 

davegardner0

Senior member
Messages
240
This is awesome! So cool to see all of the colors over multiple wood types.

I'm curious, did you guys have to wait until somebody ordered each wood/burst combination and then photograph each one to make this chart? Did that take a while? I can't imagine people order some of the less popular finishes on some of the less-common woods all that often, but I could be wrong.
 

amigarobbo

Senior member
Messages
945
double A said:
amigarobbo said:
Why are the gloss and satin flake finishes look like different colo(u)rs?

Yes, those are quite different, aren't they? The lack of sparkle changes the we way perceive the color in a big way.

Not to mention flakes are hard to represent in photography, satin flakes even more so.

They're still sparkly and outrageous though?
 

Wolff05

Senior member
Messages
134
davegardner0 said:
This is awesome! So cool to see all of the colors over multiple wood types.

I'm curious, did you guys have to wait until somebody ordered each wood/burst combination and then photograph each one to make this chart? Did that take a while? I can't imagine people order some of the less popular finishes on some of the less-common woods all that often, but I could be wrong.

Each body was made just to update all finish photos. 5 different types of wood for each finish, then double that to make one satin and one gloss. In all over 400 bodies.  It was quite a project!
 

davegardner0

Senior member
Messages
240
Wolff05 said:
davegardner0 said:
This is awesome! So cool to see all of the colors over multiple wood types.

I'm curious, did you guys have to wait until somebody ordered each wood/burst combination and then photograph each one to make this chart? Did that take a while? I can't imagine people order some of the less popular finishes on some of the less-common woods all that often, but I could be wrong.

Each body was made just to update all finish photos. 5 different types of wood for each finish, then double that to make one satin and one gloss. In all over 400 bodies.  It was quite a project!

WOW! That's a serious project...
 

aarontunes

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
2,585
Yep, a big project for sure. It is a part of the ongoing development of the new website. We have created an interactive "finish visualizer" app, that uses all those photos. It's pretty slick.

We figured, we have all these photos now, why not make a PDF of them that people can make use of now?

Once it's released, the app will be even more cool!
 
Top