Meanwhile, at Warmoth: Release the Cracken!

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
Release the Cracken! A special run of crackle bodies just hit the Warmoth in-stock Showcase. These are gonna fly off the shelves....if you want one, better get crackin'! See them here: http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/ClassicShowcase.aspx?Body=2&Path=Spotlight&bFinish=299&?mobile=no

58961778_10158618601608289_1063605013986672640_o.jpg

It would be pretty cool to see that black crackle finish over a flamed or quilted top with some kind of bright burst finish. Or maybe it would just be a waste of a flamed of quilted piece of wood. I'd want to try it either way. 

The Aaron said:
Release the Cracken! A special run of crackle bodies just hit the Warmoth in-stock Showcase. These are gonna fly off the shelves....if you want one, better get crackin'! See them here: http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/ClassicShowcase.aspx?Body=2&Path=Spotlight&bFinish=299&?mobile=no

58961778_10158618601608289_1063605013986672640_o.jpg

NEVER liked these...until now?

I really like this finish. Especially with the Taos Turquoise undercoat. The prices are decent, too.

Not something I'd buy, but I could see that "Crackle finish red", rear routed Strat, with some black hardware being one sexy piece of work! Gonna make some dude a real happy man.... :evil4:

They remind me a little of a band I was in around the late eighties. The other guitarist had something similar. I think it may have been a Washburn.

Reminds me of old Detroit homes where the woodwork has been painted way too many times.

I like the lavender one, 's how I used to paint my nails. Shame you had to go put silly vibratos on most of them and the fixed bridge ones are all on the heavy side. Gimmie the lavender one but on a <4lb Tele body with full contours and no jack and I'm game.

BigSteve22 said:
Not something I'd buy, but I could see that "Crackle finish red", rear routed Strat, with some black hardware being one sexy piece of work! Gonna make some dude a real happy man.... :evil4:

Black Babicz bridge on the way. Filtertrons and a humbucker size p90 for the load.

Back