Warmoth/MM Soloist

fdesalvo

I’ve built many Warmoth partscasters over the last 20 years and I’ve got to say this two year old is the one I’ll likely miss most. I purchased it from the second owner as an unfinished build and customized, bringing it well over the finish line.

This is as much as you can do with an HXX shredder - full humbucker, split, and parallel options at your fingertips. I’m selling because I’m paring down the herd and am only keeping my old strat. Kids are getting older and I have less space. Wish I could keep this.

The Gravity Storm has become my go-to, as it agrees with almost all body woods I’ve used it in. Amazing soaring lead tones that are rich and dynamic and noiseless tele/strat bridge tones are available. If you want a little more sparkle at the expense of some buzz, you can select split mode. Very dynamic and organic pickup with no lack of push for lead or rhythm playing.

As far as feel goes, it’s like an old, fast friend. More in the strat camp than Ibanez thanks to its 9.5” radius and traditional frets, this neck has so much greasy strat feel under the hand. String bends and chording are effortless and I’ll mirror what the original owner told me: “..this is the funnest guitar I’ve ever played.” Very fast neck that loses nothing compared to my old Wizard equipped Ibanez guitars.

No expense spared in making this a real Frankie/JS killer. Needs nothing. Original Floyd knife edges are perfect. I installed new studs since I had them on hand. Trem is lubed with synthetic machine gun grease for protection and perfect return to zero point. Pickup installed using threaded inserts, instead of unreliable wood screws that offer no adjustability.​

MightyMite neck: Maple/Ebony, 1-5/8”@ 25.5”, 6105 Frets (leveled and polished), rolled fretboard edges, slim C profile, finished in tru-oil, truss rod is very responsive, action is nice and low. Beautiful neck.​

Warmoth body: Black Limba (4.1lb light and resonant), black finish (a few small flaws, but great shape)​
Hardware: Real German Floyd Rose locking trem, Gotoh Tuners, Strap Buttons, Red Bishop trem arm holder.​

Electronics: Dimarzio Gravity Storm bridge mounted using threaded inserts - not screws, two push-pull pots for volume and tone (unwired switch lugs; ready for your switch wiring preference), 3-way Dimarzio EP switch for Series, Split, Parallel options on the gravity storm, Switchcraft jack, all top of the line components. Fully shielded control cavity.​

Condition: Very, Very good+. Some light wear on the body. Touched up small chips on north and south side of trem route and a small impression on rear of headstock. Just enough wear to not be nervous around the guitar stand.​

Professionally setup here in Orange County, California. No shortcuts taken or cheap parts used. Needs nothing. Setup with custom light string set (10/9 hybrid). In excellent shape overall. No shortcuts taken anywhere. Selling to fund kid stuff.​

$900 Shipped cont usa

KmM3dSx.jpg

4MDQkFA.jpg

PX7BCQR.jpg

nPJEFlQ.jpg

zB9JLvn.jpg

T5uUxtG.jpg

hmhiYLN.jpg

JokOylY.jpg

Z6pI0b6.jpg

oyG6OaX.jpg

0WCxjdr.jpg